129 signal strength on 622 versus 722

Thanks guys. This weekend I'm going to try swapping the receivers, but I've been looking around and think its time to upgrade everything to hopper.

My account has 3 VIP receivers on it. 1 622 in the garage on its own 1000 antenna, and the 622 and 722 on the house 1000 antenna. As I understand it I have to upgrade all 3 to hoppers as dish won't allow old VIPs on the same account with hoppers. So do I have to replace all three receivers simultaneously and then call to remove the VIPs and activate the hoppers? I'm going to wait to add joeys for some extra TVs later.
You could upgrade to 1 hopper w/ 2 joeys but there would have to be a line run to garage for a joey out there. Otherwise it would have to be 2 hoppers and a joey. Look into those setups. They would probably switch your dish or dishes to 1000.4 EA or WA depending on where you are.

Thanks guys. This weekend I'm going to try swapping the receivers, but I've been looking around and think its time to upgrade everything to hopper.

My account has 3 VIP receivers on it. 1 622 in the garage on its own 1000 antenna, and the 622 and 722 on the house 1000 antenna. As I understand it I have to upgrade all 3 to hoppers as dish won't allow old VIPs on the same account with hoppers. So do I have to replace all three receivers simultaneously and then call to remove the VIPs and activate the hoppers? I'm going to wait to add joeys for some extra TVs later.

Your three ViP receivers total 6 tuners. Two Hoppers would have 6 tuners. You could do 2H/1J however there are (small) loopholes. Simply order 2H/2J then when the installer gets there tell him you only need 1J. You'll need a line ran out to the garage for this setup though.

You can do 3H/0J but you will need to purchase the third Hopper. This will be essentially the same as your ViP setup except even better with 3 more tuners and the whole-home DVR. Feel free to PM me any questions.

Your three ViP receivers total 6 tuners. Two Hoppers would have 6 tuners. You could do 2H/1J however there are (small) loopholes. Simply order 2H/2J then when the installer gets there tell him you only need 1J. You'll need a line ran out to the garage for this setup though.

You can do 3H/0J but you will need to purchase the third Hopper. This will be essentially the same as your ViP setup except even better with 3 more tuners and the whole-home DVR. Feel free to PM me any questions.

Thanks. I bought all my VIPs so I would just buy three hoppers. Using a third hopper is easier than running a cable to the detached garage. Can I use an EHD to transfer programs from the VIPs to the hoppers?

Thanks. I bought all my VIPs so I would just buy three hoppers. Using a third hopper is easier than running a cable to the detached garage. Can I use an EHD to transfer programs from the VIPs to the hoppers?

Fair enough.

http://dishdepot.com/dish_receivers.jsp has them for $199 a piece. So you have two of the original Dish 1000s? If so, you'll need to replace one of the 1000s with a 1000.2/1000.4 with three satellite feeds for the two-Hopper setup. Or get a DPP44 for your current dish.

As for the EHD transfers, sure can!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts