PTAT Question

EAGLES

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 27, 2004
How long after installation does it take for the PTAT schedule to populate? The installer just left and I enabled PTAT. Will it work this evening? I thought I read where it any take a day.

You may be lucky and it may work today, but in most cases it usually takes 2 or 3 days.

Thanks. I also notice that my search feature for the program guide is not working yet. The guide is populated, but when searching for particular shows on the guide, "no results" come up even though the show is listed on the guide. Is this the sam?/ do I have to wait a period of time?

It all depends... Most cases the PTAT will work the following day along with the search feature. If you go into the guide do the prime time shows have the yellow PT box next to it? If so it might work but either way you will have to wait until the rcvr takes it's nightly update before the autohope will work and the search to be able to populate any results. Enjoy your new hopper.

Thanks. I also notice that my search feature for the program guide is not working yet. The guide is populated, but when searching for particular shows on the guide, "no results" come up even though the show is listed on the guide. Is this the sam?/ do I have to wait a period of time?

Definitely give that one a couple of days.

Go up to the red button and re-select the schedule. It sometimes does not come up and says no results, especially after deleting an entry. It may show "no results" if the same/matching program is scheduled earlier in the list. Or you may need to rebuild the timer.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)