129 signal strength, what is good?

EmpireState

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
Does anyone know what a good signal strength should be on 129 for someone in Des Moines, Iowa?

I have a vip722 with 1 dish and lost a couple Voom channels last night during moderate rain.

Does anyone know what a good signal strength should be on 129 for someone in Des Moines, Iowa?

I have a vip722 with 1 dish and lost a couple Voom channels last night during moderate rain.

I lost the VOOM and other channels last night too, in Sioux City. The channels that did come in on 129 were showing a strength of like 12.
I am thinking that I need to re-aim, it wasnt raining that hard.

I lost the VOOM and other channels last night too, in Sioux City. The channels that did come in on 129 were showing a strength of like 12.

The channels I could get last night had pretty low signal strength too, less than 25%. I lost Big Ten and a few Voom channels, everything else was fine. Not sure if you need to re-aim though, it depends on how bad your storms were. We had green and dark green rader images directly over head at the time the signal dropped out. That lasted less than a half hour. I just checked my signal strength on 129 an hour ago and even with light rain coming down I hit 50% on some TP’s. It was closer to 30% on TP6 and a few others but the HD picture was still very nice. I have just the one dish, and from what I’m hearing those signal strengths are about as good as it gets. Someone let me know if I’m wrong.

I'm near Des Moines, and I lost 129 to rain fade for a short while last night as well. Was watching the Twins on FSN-North. Not common for me, but not unexpected when it rains hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts