129 & south texas

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

empiretc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
I have had no luck getting a reliable signal on 129. i have clear view and was hoping I could swing from 61.5 over to it since the HD locals for my area have been added there. :p

all the installs in my area have the wing pointed to 61.5. even the local installers tell me all new installs would have 2 dishes for 110/119 and 61.5.

Any advice since I do not like the DVR limits of the 722 w/ OTA. Would dish really leave our locals on 129 while all the installs are using 61.5? :(

Our winter quarters are in Mission, TX, near the Bentsen Rio Grande Vally State Park.

We have a Dish 1000.2 mounted there and every since the new 129 went into operation, we had no problem with reception. On the old 129, we couldn't go an hour with signal.

I would say you need to have the dish aligned better.

ok, will have to give it another shot.

What transponder should I be on when using a 510 to tweak the signal?

I have had no luck getting a reliable signal on 129. i have clear view and was hoping I could swing from 61.5 over to it since the HD locals for my area have been added there. :p

all the installs in my area have the wing pointed to 61.5. even the local installers tell me all new installs would have 2 dishes for 110/119 and 61.5.

Any advice since I do not like the DVR limits of the 722 w/ OTA. Would dish really leave our locals on 129 while all the installs are using 61.5? :(

129 no longer has any issues in South Texas since Ciel-2 came online a few months ago.

thanks for the responses. my dish was originally at 129 but it was constantly dropping signal. i think i will try again this weekend.

thanks for the responses. my dish was originally at 129 but it was constantly dropping signal. i think i will try again this weekend.

If I remember right the 510 is a SD DVR right? Only transponder with active channels on it that isn't in 8PSK mode is Transponder 21. Transponder 32 is also in QPSK mode but I'm not sure if it will be in your list of transponders you can check or not.

And to answer your previous question, the locals being added are on 129 since it is a new satellite with lots of spotbeams. 61.5 spotbeams are full. South Texas has a good elevation angle to 129 anyways.

If I remember right the 510 is a SD DVR right? Only transponder with active channels on it that isn't in 8PSK mode is Transponder 21.

Yeah, 510 is a SD DVR. 32 is on this list of transponders. Looking at the lyngsat page, I should be able to lock a signal on either one.

I'll give it shot on 21/32 later today or tomorrow. Any other suggestions?

FYI, HD dish is a 500 w/ an LNB in the 119 position of the Y bracket.

Thanks again.

Yeah, 510 is a SD DVR. 32 is on this list of transponders. Looking at the lyngsat page, I should be able to lock a signal on either one.

I'll give it shot on 21/32 later today or tomorrow. Any other suggestions?

FYI... I'd pass on the Lyngsat page for Dishnetwork info. Lots of outdated stuff there.

Try TheList here at Satellitguys.us for up to the minute information. The link is in my signature.

force of habit going to lyngsat.

yes sir, looking at TheList, transponder 21 is the ONLY choice for tweaking the signal with a 510.

Need to make a note of that.
T8 is the one I use for 61.5

just wanted to let everyone know, using the information you gave me, i went out this morning and was able to immediately lock 129. I peaked it out at 65% using the 510 on TP21.

Thanks again for all the input!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)