HD Local Audio Sync?

Cragmyre

Original poster
Jul 12, 2006
For a little while now I am getting a lot of sync issues on my local HD. It used to happen from time to time on NBC, now it seems that they are all prone to it. Sometimes really bad, sometimes very subtly.

Though last night things worked fine. Most of the time I watch my shows later through the DVR, so maybe that is the problem. I haven't noticed it on the non-Locals. I have a 622 with component.

Is there some diagnostics I can check? What would I be looking for and who would I contact if I found something?

Are you getting your HD locals from E* or OTA? If you get them from E*, do the lip synch issues go away when you view them OTA? If the answer is "yes" to both, call E*. Many times when I notice this, it exists from E* and OTA, meaning the problem is at the source.

It's not just E* -- the same thing happens on D*, and it's not just a satellite issue either. With my locals, it's definitely a source situation because I see this happening on the TV in the kitchen that I don't have hooked up to satellite. I have called my station engineers for them to check on it.