HD Locals in Rockford, IL and some questions

siuc1996

Original poster
Apr 25, 2009
T
Only had my Dish for 5 days so I'm still trying to figure this whole thing out. Right now, Rockford, IL does not get their locals in HD but I did notice over in the uplink forum that it appears they may be coming next week. My question is what is involved when something like this happens? Will I have to get another dish to get them? Will they just show up in my guide? I hope the rumor is true because I have some troubles getting a consistent connection to them OTA. Thanks!

Only had my Dish for 5 days so I'm still trying to figure this whole thing out. Right now, Rockford, IL does not get their locals in HD but I did notice over in the uplink forum that it appears they may be coming next week. My question is what is involved when something like this happens? Will I have to get another dish to get them? Will they just show up in my guide? I hope the rumor is true because I have some troubles getting a consistent connection to them OTA. Thanks!

As long as you pay for locals and have an HD sub with a configuration that contains 129 you will get them when they pop up. Keep an eye on the uplink center.

SatelliteGuys.US - Subscription 129°W

As long as you pay for locals and have an HD sub with a configuration that contains 129 you will get them when they pop up. Keep an eye on the uplink center.

SatelliteGuys.US - Subscription 129°W

Any idea why they having made some of those available by now? If memory serves, the Grand Rapids HD locals were uplink back in early Feb, maybe before that. Why uplink them and not offer them? I'd switch my parents over to Dish if those were available, as they have no real 61.5 LOS.

Any idea why they having made some of those available by now? If memory serves, the Grand Rapids HD locals were uplink back in early Feb, maybe before that. Why uplink them and not offer them? I'd switch my parents over to Dish if those were available, as they have no real 61.5 LOS.

Just because they are uplinked in the tables doesn't mean the actual video is there yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)