129 with a dish500 from Florida

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pro96

You Member, Member ?
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2005
OC
One good friend of mine is trying to see if he can get 129w from Orlando with a dish500. Or is he forced to just with 61w for Hd channels?

well anyone in Orlando that can actually confirm this using a dish500

Yea saw that prior to my question, but he wanted to know if using a dish500 with a single LNB is enough to capture all active TPs from 129w from Orlando.

A dish 500 with "I" adapter and single or dual Dish Pro LNB will give the best chance of good signals from 129. A 24" dish would be even better and they are available with the "D" tube for DISH LNBs.

Like everybody has implied, his biggest problem will be Line of Sight. Once he clears that obstacle (pun intended), he will receive 129 just fine...
I am a couple of hours north of Orlando and using a Dish 300 to pull in 129. Several transponders are in the mid 80's

"I" adapter will not get any more signal to the lnb that a "Y" adapter, it's just easier to aim, Dish 500 is designed with the horizonal plane defocused so 2 lnb's will work, generally the focus along the line between the two lnb's is the same all the way across.

A dish 500 or a Dish 300 should be strong enough to get good signal from 129 from the Orlando area, the new 129 satellite is a pretty good one.

"I" adapter will not get any more signal to the lnb that a "Y" adapter, it's just easier to aim, Dish 500 is designed with the horizonal plane defocused so 2 lnb's will work, generally the focus along the line between the two lnb's is the same all the way across.

A dish 500 or a Dish 300 should be strong enough to get good signal from 129 from the Orlando area, the new 129 satellite is a pretty good one.

I was going to try for 129 now that my neighbors have cut some trees down , which slot in the "Y" adapter do you use to get 129 with a 500 ?

I am south west of you, more than a day trip, and I can pick up a couple Orlando stations with amplified rabbit ears. When BBCA HD was rolled out Dish upgraded my dual 500s with a single Western Arc dish on an existing mast for $15. Western Arc gets 110, 119 and 129.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)