13 Hours

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jappleboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2006
Hi all long time.I see Directv is showing 13 HOURS in UHD 4K how can that be. I have looked all over for the DVD in 4K no were to be found not even made.

Two things:

1. 4K media (a.k.a. "discs") aren't available at this time, as you rightly observed;
2. "13 Hours" is an excellent movie. It will be a part of my "must-watch" collection I'm "reserving" for my kids when they get old enough to appreciate what war means.

Reactions: edisonprime
Two things:

1. 4K media (a.k.a. "discs") aren't available at this time, as you rightly observed;
2. "13 Hours" is an excellent movie. It will be a part of my "must-watch" collection I'm "reserving" for my kids when they get old enough to appreciate what war means.

4K discs most certainly are available. I own the Samsung UBD-K8500 4K Blu-ray player, and I have The Martian on 4K UHD Blu-ray. Go to Amazon and search UHD Blu-ray. Several movies will come up.

13 hours in 4k i also have a Samsung UBD-K8500 i am looking foe 13 HOURS IN 4K not 4k dvd.

4K is only available on Blu-ray, not DVD...and they haven't released 13 hours on 4K Blu-ray that I'm aware of. There aren't a whole lot of movies on 4K Blu-ray yet. I was responding to maestro7 who said there weren't any movies at all on 4K discs - which is incorrect.

4K is only available on Blu-ray, not DVD...and they haven't released 13 hours on 4K Blu-ray that I'm aware of. There aren't a whole lot of movies on 4K Blu-ray yet. I was responding to maestro7 who said there weren't any movies at all on 4K discs - which is incorrect.
I think jappleboy is looking to stream it, vs buying the disc when its available, if its available in the future.
Just my thought of what I think he's saying.

I was under the impression he was looking it on 4K disc, which it's not available on. In his original post he said "I have looked all over for the DVD in 4K no were to be found not even made."

I was under the impression he was looking it on 4K disc, which it's not available on. In his original post he said "I have looked all over for the DVD in 4K no were to be found not even made."
I presumed he decided that it was not available via disc and was looking for other options.

This must be one hell of a movie.

jimbo right in both cases. So how does Direct have it in 4K.
Just because a movie hasn't been released on 4K discs for sale doesn't mean that a 4K version of the film doesn't exist -- I'm sure the distributors of the film have a 4K version they have given to DirecTV for streaming even though the disc version isn't for sale.

4K discs most certainly are available. I own the Samsung UBD-K8500 4K Blu-ray player, and I have The Martian on 4K UHD Blu-ray. Go to Amazon and search UHD Blu-ray. Several movies will come up.
Excellent, and as others have pointed out, 4K discs certainly aren't mainstream by any means at this point (so, technically, I should have qualified my original point).

The challenge for most (clearly not for you, per se) is that anyone who wants to watch such a formatted movie is going to have to buy a 4K player, a 4K TV, and quite possibly 4K-capable cabling (in the event that someone's current cabling wouldn't be able to handle the bandwidth (which isn't a high possibility, but still is there)).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)