$14 off per month 2nd 12 months if you have good credit

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hdinsd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
I was just told by a rep you can get the $14 off the 2nd 12 months if your credit score is hi enough, anybody else hear this? Since I dont really see anywhere written about $14 off the 2nd 12 months

I have heard this before also. The $14 off for the 2nd year is also only in select dma's.

Is this NEW subs only ?

I wonder if I can get a discount, it's coming time for me to call and re up for another year !

i would be a new sub, i dont know if this is only for new subs though
I was wondering if anyone else has solid info on this, since it doesnt appear in writing anywhere but here

Well, I can tell you for certain that it's not JUST the credit score. I have a very good credit score and when I signed up just a couple weeks ago, I couldn't get that to show up for the second year.

Well, I can tell you for certain that it's not JUST the credit score. I have a very good credit score and when I signed up just a couple weeks ago, I couldn't get that to show up for the second year.

this is exactly what i'm sure will happen to most of us, since its not in writing what can we actually do

That was part of the original deal that I got when I signed up in October. It was $29 off for the first 12 months, then $14 off for months 13-24. My credit wasn't said to be the deciding factor in it, they said they ran my credit to see whether I would have to pay a deposit or not (which I didn't with a score in the high 600s).

the 14 off the 2nd 12 months like others said is based on where you live. Though I cant tell you where those spots are not because I dont want to but because I simply dont know that is a sales weasel thing.

One of the Google ads that shows up on this site leads to the page below, showing the $14 off for the second year. I don't know if you click through and put in your zipcode if it reflects the discount or not if you are in an eligible area. I might be calling in to find out one of these days.

edit: Well, checked the link after I posted, now it's not always showing the $14 off on the second year. It might not work when it's being redirected through satelliteguys first. Might have to find the actual Google ad to click on.

DIRECTV Best Offer : Order DIRECTV Today

Last edited:
i would be a new sub, i dont know if this is only for new subs though
I was wondering if anyone else has solid info on this, since it doesnt appear in writing anywhere but here

The $14 off in months 13-24 is not available in SoCal, to my understanding. I don't know about the other area's of the country. It was available in Texas when I signed up on 1/13/11.

The promo's show up (when pricing/ordering) online before you finalize the order and put your ss# in.

I'm guessing you're in San Diego?

Last edited:
Bankit, does Directv have all the Baytown locals available? I thought this might have something to do with that. In the Lubbock market they are missing Fox and NBC (they refuse to carry the additional fax channels, Mytv, Telemundo, CW and with the NBC, I am not sure if it money or their second channel THIS), I know if I were going to sign up I would want a discount for not having "all the locals" like they advertise locally.

The $14 off in months 13-24 is not available in SoCal, to my understanding. I don't know about the other area's of the country. It was available in Texas when I signed up on 1/13/11.

The promo's show up (when pricing/ordering) online before you finalize the order and put your ss# in.

I'm guessing you're in San Diego?

Former home of the Clippers, who needs them, we have the Chargers and Padres to disappoint us

I guess I always knew if they were ever offering $14 off it would be in bold and flashing text, I fell for the rep's carrot and the dtv site even says enter SSN to see if you qualify for promos, these guys make used car salesmen look like saints

Bankit, does Directv have all the Baytown locals available? I thought this might have something to do with that. In the Lubbock market they are missing Fox and NBC (they refuse to carry the additional fax channels, Mytv, Telemundo, CW and with the NBC, I am not sure if it money or their second channel THIS), I know if I were going to sign up I would want a discount for not having "all the locals" like they advertise locally.

Baytown is east of Houston so we get the ABC, NBC, Fox, CBS, PBS, MYTV & CW affiliated stations from Direct. We don't get the sub-channel stations (like This, Living Well (ABC), the local PBS subchannels, and the weather subchannels from NBC, ABC & CBS. I think we get Telemundo and some of the other Spanish channels, I don't watch them and don't have them in the channel list. Yeah, I would be upset if I couldn't get Fox or NBC from my provider. I don't find anything compelling to watch on the subchannels, I can get those thru my ota setup and I have them "hidden" on the ota dvr.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)