Whats the credit check really for? Did you get an even better promo than was advertised or was the a

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hdinsd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
the website says credit check used for qualifying for promotions, this can be interpreted in many ways
So I just want to know if anyone has had the promotions that were stated up front taken away or more importantly has anyone been offered an even better promotion after the credit check was run?

You lease a car and they check your credit to make sure that it's likely that you'll make your monthly payments on time and at the end of the lease you'll return the car. Same is true for satellite service, that you'll pay the bill each month and return the equipment. Can't help you about the promos.

It's for the same reason they run your credit when you buy a cell phone, or when you start electric/gas/telephone service at a new house. They want to make sure you have a good established history of paying your bills. If you have bad credit or no credit, they will require a security deposit equal to 2-3 months of service in case you skip out on your bill. Once you have established satisfactory payment history with them (usually paying on time with no lates for a year), they refund your deposit with interest.

I can't say for DirecTV, but most services won't deny you a promotion based on credit if you can pay the deposit. Maybe Stonecold can clarify that..

They are giving you $1000 to $2000 worth of equipment and labor on each install. They want to make sure your credit worthy and wont fled with their hardware. They also want to make sure that you can afford their service so they are not out loads of money installing your service.

They want to make sure they can make a profit from you if not then they don't want you and thats the reason for a credit report.

When Direct checked my credit they came back with a better offer than before they checked it. A good credit score I guess make them feel better about wanting you as a subscriber so they offer more. Direct seems to want good people and makes it harder to keep out the deadbeats.

There are a few different credit tiers, and depending on your credit you might get $14 off in the second year, or have to get an instant rebate of $24 off, instead of the redemption rebate of $29.

I have seen other situations where the customer can't get the second HD receiver for free.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts