14 TV Shows Likely to Get the Axe After this Season

I was somewhat hopeful that The Mentalist could survive another season after the recent reboot...but with it going off the air 'till March it's death knell has all but sounded.

Not really, I think many series are going to go on a bit of a hiatus during the Olympics....

Not really, I think many series are going to go on a bit of a hiatus during the Olympics....
Yep. No point in burning new episodes if they have to compete with the Olympics. It won't let you get normal ratings metrics anyway so it would skew the renew cancel equation.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Sure, for three weeks...but 2+ months is a bit much. We shall see what happens and which shows survive the ax.

Exactly, Mentalist not airing new episodes weeks before the Olympics start, and then returning 2 weeks after they end, mm... that doesn´t sound very reassuring for the show.

Could It Be Curtains For The ‘Law & Order’ Franchise This Season With End For ‘SVU’?

NELLIE ANDREEVA
Now in its 15th season, Law & Order: SVU is the longest-running drama series currently on TV. As a high-end drama at that age, it is inherently expensive, leading to periodic budget reviews. Last year, SVU, along with Wolf’s then-freshman Chicago Fire, received early pickups. This year, Chicago Fire and freshman spinoff Chicago P.D. were among the shows to get early renewals by NBC last month, but SVU wasn’t. (All three are produced by NBC sibling Universal TV, where Wolf is based.) I hear the holdup has to do with a pay cut Wolf had been asked to take in order for SVU to come back, something he has been unwilling to do.

deadline.com

In my best snot-nozed smarty-pants 11 year-old voice: "Told ya!" :D

Sounds like:

z.jpg

I watch "The Neighbors" and like the trio of Last Man Standing, The Neighbors, and Shark Tank. I can see it not lasting years, but at least another year would be nice.

Without better ratings "The Neighbors" is going to have a tough time getting renewed.

Last week Last Man Standing got a 1.4, The Neighbors dropped to a .9 and Shark Tank got 2.0. It is a big dip between the 2 shows.

I watch "The Neighbors" and like the trio of Last Man Standing, The Neighbors, and Shark Tank. I can see it not lasting years, but at least another year would be nice.

I like Last Man Standing and Shark Tank, but always skip The Neighbors. In my opinion Jami Gertz is the only reason the show is still on the air. She is one of the top 10 richest people in Hollywood and the network doesn't want to make her mad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts