145 + Hr20 + Ota =771

Status
Please reply by conversation.

riggscm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Okay a tad geeky I know but that is what I get.

On my HR20 with the 145 software my OTA is not working at all. Is this a common thing? I called D* and well that was like talking to stone. According to D* tech support staff, I am the only one ever to report no OTA on 145.

So gang, what do you know and what have you heard about this? is the next release to fix this? heck, is there a forthcoming release??

--RiGGs

Okay a tad geeky I know but that is what I get.

On my HR20 with the 145 software my OTA is not working at all. Is this a common thing? I called D* and well that was like talking to stone. According to D* tech support staff, I am the only one ever to report no OTA on 145.

So gang, what do you know and what have you heard about this? is the next release to fix this? heck, is there a forthcoming release??

--RiGGs

This is the first I've heard about anyone losing thier OTA with 145, I did not.
I would imagine you have already done a reboot and also went thru the OTA set up and see if it would come back that way.
As I said, my OTA's were not affected ...
Also how does your OTA get to your HR20-700, I doubt things have been moved, but make sure the OTA connections are still solid. I ran out of other ideas, so you may as well check your connections !
Let us know .

Also, please make sure your antenna has not moved, I noticed you mentioned 771... your OTA channel being digital, have to be right on, could this be your problem ?

Jimbo

Jimbos is most correct-it's probably your connection-the first most likely choice, anyway. If not that, the next most probable would be a need for a locals reset as set out below.

It has always been a relatively common D* DVR receiver problem that when your receiver resets, it can drop your locals until the next download (usually about 12-24 hours) or until you call up D* and ask them to re-ping your card in that receiver and reset the locals. I assume you have tried that.

Could be a defective receiver, but we have an updated HR20-700 and it tunes all of our 30 available OTA digital channels/subchannels perfectly, with better programming info on the guide.

Well thanks for the input fella's.

I'll review my setup in brief here.

My OTA ant is set installed in my attic. It has worked like a champ up there for about the past 4 years or so. I have picked up the signal for all but a few Chicago based OTA Digital stations. The coax feed comes right off the ant, down a conduit and into the faceplate on my wall outlet and to the receiver of choice, which at this time is my HR-20. So no fancy Diplexing or anything like that, plus with the 6x8 you can't do it any way (or so I've read).

What I have done:
Reset the HR-20 via the setup screen.
Deleted and re-configured the OTA setup in the setup screens.
After that whole shebang, I still get no signal on the OTA tuner.

Can I use a multimeter to check for voltage or anything at the connector to see if a signal is coming in? Frankly I don't want to waste my time in my attic, if I don't need to.

Just disconnect the antenna cable from the HR20 and connect it directly to your TV.

If your TV shows your local stations, your antenna is fine and the problem is the HR20.

If it doesn't, then you need to adjust your antenna or it's connections.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)