HR 20 OTA Tuner back from the dead

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

madmadworld

Official TV Watcher
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 7, 2006
up on the roof in SinCity
I've had this unit since 2006. the OTA tuner quit working at least 10 years ago. about a month ago it recorded a show or movie from a auto record for a artist. it was on channel 21.4 shocked tried to play but nothing there. it did a similar recording last week.
tonight I checked out the unit guess there hasn't been a antenna plugged into the unit in a few years, plugged it in and shazam it's working. it's a poor antenna so I'll have to get it a better one asap.
Strange event.

Back in the early 1980s had a microwave cable box that had a OTA tuner with it. it was the best I had in my system, of a handful of VCR'S and 3 TV's in that man cave. it would pick up out of town stations they others would not. it was a Zenith box. hated parting with that form of cable because of that tuner.

• Wow
Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
I think I had a similar thing (unsure of brand though) as well in the early 80s as a kid, but similar to your others I believe it only got stations out of Miami (WTVJ, WPLG, etc.)

Reactions: madmadworld