LCC OTA tuning trouble

Dawgsfan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2022
Ohio
I’m using an LCC to pull in OTA channels. It is connected to my HR44-500. It usually works great.

This evening we had some severe weather, and that seemed to affect the signal on the local low-power OTA channel and its subs. This happened right before the whole DirecTV system went down.

Now that DirecTV is back up, I’m unable to get OTA signals via the LCC on full-power channels that were previously very strong. I plugged the LCC antenna into my DVD recorder and had no trouble tuning in to all OTA stations, even the low-power station.

Why might the same antenna not work with the LCC on my Genie? Could it have something to do with storms or the widespread DirecTV outage? Perhaps the LCC tuner on the Genie is more susceptible to losing signals than the digital tuner on my DVD recorder?

Thanks.

EDIT: After doing some digging, I see that the three Youngstown stations and their subchannels I can no longer receive via the LCC (WKBN, WYTV, and WYFX) apparently share studios and possibly a transmitter. I’m guessing this isn’t a coincidence.

FWIW, I’m able to get the feeds of WKBN, WYTV, and WYFX (but not their sub-channels) via the dish with no problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Check with the station online. Sometimes they need maintenance and will need to lower power for the workers, They usually have notice on website.

Reactions: Dawgsfan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts