first time ever seeing this error message....

jct21

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 26, 2018
kentucky
i paused my tv for about 45 minutes, came back to no video controls. i cannot pause, rewind, or fast forward anything. double play will not work. thing is, im not streaming, im on satellite tv. i disconnected my internet briefly to see if somehow the dvr was streaming somehow but thats just not the case. red button reset does nothing to fix the issue. menu buttons work fine. im able to access pandora also. guide works like always. its as if i dont have a dvr. i can see the recording list and access content just fine. just cant fast forward, pause or rewind recorded shows. pressing any of those video control buttons results with this error message. ive attached a picture.... anyone else had this problem?

hr54-700 with 2 clients. 16db firmware

Attachments

• 298561414_606413777642315_93859901379212893_n.jpg
    298561414_606413777642315_93859901379212893_n.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 214
Yes, I’ve occasionally had this problem recently. Not sure of a solution. Just goes away after a while.

i paused my tv for about 45 minutes, came back to no video controls. i cannot pause, rewind, or fast forward anything. double play will not work. thing is, im not streaming, im on satellite tv. i disconnected my internet briefly to see if somehow the dvr was streaming somehow but thats just not the case. red button reset does nothing to fix the issue. menu buttons work fine. im able to access pandora also. guide works like always. its as if i dont have a dvr. i can see the recording list and access content just fine. just cant fast forward, pause or rewind recorded shows. pressing any of those video control buttons results with this error message. ive attached a picture.... anyone else had this problem?

hr54-700 with 2 clients. 16db firmware
Are you missing recorded episodes in your list, but are binge watching something?
Sometimes, if you're watching a bunch of stuff from the DVR, but, say S3E10 didn't record for whatever reason, it will automatically play the missing episode from on-demand instead of skipping it. But you have to go back to your recorded list yourself or it will keep streaming them. Perhaps that is what is happening? Try this to fix the controls:

hit the dash and search for CLEARMYBOX in the search bar. Press the red button. Nothing will happen. Then, your receiver will restart on its own in a second and do a hard reset, more than just the red button. It will not clear recording timers or favorites lists or anything like that, just background crap.

Edit: for up to 2 days after the reset, you will not have channel logos, show art, actor pictures, etc. You will also not be able to access on-demand for several hours to also up to 2 days after this reset.

Reactions: jct21
Are you missing recorded episodes in your list, but are binge watching something?
Sometimes, if you're watching a bunch of stuff from the DVR, but, say S3E10 didn't record for whatever reason, it will automatically play the missing episode from on-demand instead of skipping it. But you have to go back to your recorded list yourself or it will keep streaming them. Perhaps that is what is happening? Try this to fix the controls:

hit the dash and search for CLEARMYBOX in the search bar. Press the red button. Nothing will happen. Then, your receiver will restart on its own in a second and do a hard reset, more than just the red button. It will not clear recording timers or favorites lists or anything like that, just background crap.

Edit: for up to 2 days after the reset, you will not have channel logos, show art, actor pictures, etc. You will also not be able to access on-demand for several hours to also up to 2 days after this reset.

no missing recordings or streaming "watch from the beginning" things.

i was hoping i wouldnt have to do a clearmybox because of losing guide data and the other stuff like logos. i left it unplugged from the power for roughly an hour in hopes that might fix it but no luck. but it was a clearmybox that did the trick this morning. in a few days it will be good as new i hope.