Directv upgrade

JowJow

Original poster
Sep 4, 2022
New Jersey
Hello everyone

I currently have 1 HR44 and 2 HR24 DVR's, the two HR24's are super slow/laggy and frustrating to use at times. So I called in to use my upgrade. I was offered an upgrade to the Genie 2 system with 2 wired and 2 wireless clients as I'm adding and additional box. I requested that they give me an HR54 instead because of some of the threads I've read, so they agreed to give me HR54, one wired and 2wireless client. My question is, is that the best option? I believe the HR54 is 5 tuners so does that mean if all four boxes are on I can only record 1 show? I believe the Genie 2 has 7 tuners if I'm correct. It seems as if all the reviews and threads I've read are years old and nothing current, is The Genie 2 still buggy or has all the issues been addressed? I was told that I cannot have two DVR because they no longer have HR24 or HR34 and only one Genie server can be on the account. Please share your thoughts, will the HR54 be more reliable than the genie 2 or does it even matter at this time? Is it a bad thing to have 1 server and all clients? I really don't mind losing the 2 dvr's as my kids are older and I don't record nowhere near what I used to. If you can share another option that would be great also. thanks

Hello everyone

I currently have 1 HR44 and 2 HR24 DVR's, the two HR24's are super slow/laggy and frustrating to use at times. So I called in to use my upgrade. I was offered an upgrade to the Genie 2 system with 2 wired and 2 wireless clients as I'm adding and additional box. I requested that they give me an HR54 instead because of some of the threads I've read, so they agreed to give me HR54, one wired and 2wireless client. My question is, is that the best option? I believe the HR54 is 5 tuners so does that mean if all four boxes are on I can only record 1 show? I believe the Genie 2 has 7 tuners if I'm correct. It seems as if all the reviews and threads I've read are years old and nothing current, is The Genie 2 still buggy or has all the issues been addressed? I was told that I cannot have two DVR because they no longer have HR24 or HR34 and only one Genie server can be on the account. Please share your thoughts, will the HR54 be more reliable than the genie 2 or does it even matter at this time? Is it a bad thing to have 1 server and all clients? I really don't mind losing the 2 dvr's as my kids are older and I don't record nowhere near what I used to. If you can share another option that would be great also. thanks
Do you regularly record more than 5 things at a time ?
Personally I don't like the HS17's, but thats because they won't allow you to keep the HR 24's or any other recvr you currently have ... I need flexibility for Tailgating and camping.

I also don't like the "Only" 1 Genie on a account either, as I find its due to thier LACK of any product advancements.

At this point, even the Genie 2 HS17 is what, 4 years old at least .... they are Not bringing out any thing new.

At this point, even the Genie 2 HS17 is what, 4 years old at least .... they are Not bringing out any thing new.
It was released in 2017, so 5 years.

Reactions: Jimbo
I do not record that many shoes at once, but my family watch a lot of Tv in different rooms so that may impact recording.

Are there any negative going all client beside the no DVR thing?

I do not record that many shoes at once, but my family watch a lot of Tv in different rooms so that may impact recording.

Are there any negative going all client beside the no DVR thing?
You can still DVR with the "all Client " set up, it just stays on the Server.

I have an HS17, 2 (wired) 4K clients, and 2 wireless clients. The wireless clients don't get heavy work and I'm thinking about sending them back to save $14/month because I can stream almost anything at this point with a better picture to boot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts