LCC not being recognized by HR54, and possibly blocking its wifi

eatrains

Original poster
Apr 10, 2023
USA
I recently upgraded to an HR54 and LCC, but the LCC is not being recognized. The instructions state I should get a popup saying that the tuner has been connected and the "Satellite" settings menu should change to "Sat & Antenna", but neither of these have happened.

In addition, having the LCC plugged in seems correlated with the HR54's wifi not working. During my initial setup, I had the LCC plugged in and tried setting up wifi for the first time, only for it to say no wireless networks were found. With the LCC not working I unplugged in and went to bed. The next day, wifi was connecting and working fine and assumed gremlins worked themselves out overnight. And now that I'm playing with the LCC again, the receiver's wifi is again dead. Seems like more than a coincidence but I haven't been able to truly confirm anything. My Genie Mini's wifi is also not working, is that dependent on the HR54's connectivity?

So wondering if either of these issues sound familiar to anyone? Hoping I don't have a bum LCC!

Welcome to Satelliteguys

This is a little tough, could be a bad LCC, could be a bad USB port (thus causing other components to fail, maybe USB and Wifi are running through the same bus). Only real diagnostic I can recommend is to factory reset the HR54 and start over, and not plug in the LCC until the next day (allowing the guide to download and the box to complete all it's setup stuff). There is some diagnostic if you press select on the physical receiver when booting, I think at the second blue screen. Can't recall if there is any OTA stuff in there but there is probably some testing such as USB and Wifi.

Any friends or family with a HR44/HR54 that you could test the LCC elsewhere if those options don't help?

Last though, you have the power adapter plugged into the LCC round port correct?

I recently upgraded to an HR54 and LCC, but the LCC is not being recognized. The instructions state I should get a popup saying that the tuner has been connected and the "Satellite" settings menu should change to "Sat & Antenna", but neither of these have happened.

In addition, having the LCC plugged in seems correlated with the HR54's wifi not working. During my initial setup, I had the LCC plugged in and tried setting up wifi for the first time, only for it to say no wireless networks were found. With the LCC not working I unplugged in and went to bed. The next day, wifi was connecting and working fine and assumed gremlins worked themselves out overnight. And now that I'm playing with the LCC again, the receiver's wifi is again dead. Seems like more than a coincidence but I haven't been able to truly confirm anything. My Genie Mini's wifi is also not working, is that dependent on the HR54's connectivity?

So wondering if either of these issues sound familiar to anyone? Hoping I don't have a bum LCC!
Using your DIRECTV remote select MENU - Settings - Info & Test. Select Genie Info and scroll down to Over - The - Air (OTA) Antenna and see what's displayed. Also perform a Run System Test.