Direct streaming

Booboy

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2015
Mississippi
Switched from satellite to direct streaming, I was getting braves, reds, cardinals games most of the time and now only getting braves games even though shows cardinal games in guide but says not streamable

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

What stream package did you subscribe to? In some areas of Mississippi only the Braves are in Choice and higher, while the Cardinals and Reds require a higher package like Premiere

What stream package did you subscribe to? In some areas of Mississippi only the Braves are in Choice and higher, while the Cardinals and Reds require a higher package like Premiere

Choice, same package as with satellite and got cardinals and reds last year

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

What's your zip code? I tested a few Mississippi zip codes on DirecTV's RSN lookup and it now says Sports Pack or higher on satellite for Reds and Cardinals, which usually means Premiere for Stream because there's no seperate Sports Pack.

On satellite they have it setup to give select teams with additional RSNs to outer markets, in some cases on Choice, and in some cases requiring sports pack, depending on what teams are available to each zip code. With streaming, I think they may have been less aggressive on making the outer market teams available on the Choice package, and in more cases just left it as part of sports pack (or Premier). I'm guessing it was a cost savings when they setup the stream service that just carried on. The satellite service already had it so making a change would take it away from some customers, but stream customers didn't have it and they probably figure would never notice.