15 days?

When I canceled they told me that the 301 I won and the 811 which I leased had to go back to them. I said, No I won the 301 and lease the 811 and 522. hey said no, you own the 522. I said, ok.
Called back 3xs to confirm and they even gave me the receiver #'s to send back.
Could not convince them that I owned the 301 and not the 522.

Worked out better for me, 522 had better resale value then the 301, so I am happy :)
They also called me and asked why I left. I went over the whole Hi def thing, HD pvr, too many foreign channels, tey were not cheaoper then cable etc.
Sounded like she heard it all before :)

MUCH happier with my cable, altho I do miss Discovery HD and HDNEt, but their is more then enough HD on Cablevision to overcome that for now.

I just got an email back from Dish and boy am I pissed. First I'm told they would be sent out the day after I cancelled service. I call 4-5 days later and they tell me they'd be sent out the next day again. Call for the trcking numbers only to find they didn't send it. Was told they would be sent this past Tuesday. and of course they were not. Now I'm told today they are sent, tried the tracking number with no joy, and I'm sitting on day 11 of the 15 day period to get the crap sent back in time. Keep in mind Sunday makes me lose a day out of the four I have and I most likely won't get the damn box untill AFTER the pick up time at the pick up location. It'll be a cold day in hell before I use these people again after this. I hope the SEC investigation burns this comapny to the ground financially. :mad:

XXXXX,

Here is a tracking number 1Z80X436014XXXXXXX.The boxes were sent out today over night.

Let me know when you get them.

Thank you,

Amanda XXXX

Executive Office of Dish Network

Email said they were sent overnight. I checked and found out they were sent ground ship and won't arrive untill 2 days after my 15 day period expires. Way to go Dish Notwork. Just another case of we say one thing and do another.

"Overnight" to Dish must mean 6 days.

I've already spoken to several others that have DN and have been comtemplating the cancellation of thei service. They definatly don't look forward to the hassle I'm having.

UPS blue second day according to dish takes about 3-5
Fedex overnight according to dish takes 2-3 business days, and its upon cancellation like I had mentioned.^_^

I thought the 15 days started WHEN you received your boxes from DISH not before. It would be impossible to receive your boxes within the 15 days and send them back from the time you call in to cancel.

No, per the residential agreement 15 days upon cancellation. It takes UPS 3-5 days to get the boxes to you and 3-5 days to return them. Worse case scenario that still gives well over a week. If you are charged for it and the equipment is returned it will be reimbursed. Common misconception but no 15 days upon cancellation.

I guess that is so Dish can charge the cancelling customer the price of the receivers . Then if they do get the boxes back they can keep your money for a month and make some interest off of it before they credit back your account. I kept the box on my leased 522 and it has returned labels for Dish that came with it. They provided the labels and a box so I could send in an older receiver for a 25.00 credit, which I didn't do. So if I ever cancel the receiver I will send it back in the box they provided .

MustangLX89 said:
ROTFLMAO!!! I think I just got another "you might be a redneck joke" to add to my list.

:D
No you havent got the best one. I swear I will remember to take a picture one day. In another county a person has one of the huge C-band(I think) dishes cut in half. They put them at the entrance to their driveway. No kidding.
Sorry I just got around to reading this thread, carry on.

Theres a differnce between charge and taking the customers money for it. The charge will appear on the account but normal cancellations take like a month to have the cc charged. The only time when thats not the case is if the account was put into cancellation due to nonpayment.

I've sent the equipment out today. No sense in waiting on them considering the alternative. As of this writting I have untill Monday for it to arrive on time. According to correspondance with someone named "Amanda" she has assured me that my credit card will not be charged. Considering the circumstances I've been through with getting the box for the equipment return I'm not putting much weight in the statements untill this is all over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)