150 CHANNELS BY YEAR END?

mntwister

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
Dish has been advertising 100 HD channels now with 150 by year's end, has anyone seen anything regarding additions, since it is almost the end of December? I talked with Dish on the phone and they told me sometime in the next few weeks look for new channels. Sorry if this is a repeat topic, I searched and could not find anything like it.

In the last Charlie Chat, Charlie said they have 122 HD channels but will not be able to make the 150 number by year's end.

We should get 10 new channels in early January, 2009, and possibly another 20 or 25 by April or so.

`(please note my comment is non-predictive but hopeful.)`

I personally think this will become the "dish Memeber sick and tired of being lied to" thread.

My guess is that first off we probably won't see 150 HD channels until late March.
And to add to that pain, we will probably see a $10 to $15 increase in February.

If it wasn't for the fact that I really like Dish's DVR's, I would have been gone a long time ago.

Hi every body,I'm Rony 4m cape town,south africa and I'm a new member of this site.
I've a delsat Dsr 5500 digital gold satellite receiver.I want 2 receive Btv world bangla channel,but i can't.Anyone help me,pls.

Dish has been advertising 100 HD channels now with 150 by year's end, has anyone seen anything regarding additions, since it is almost the end of December? I talked with Dish on the phone and they told me sometime in the next few weeks look for new channels. Sorry if this is a repeat topic, I searched and could not find anything like it.

Dish promised UP TO 150 channels by years end, not that they would have 150 channels by years end. Big difference!

This is no differant then D* saying they would have 100 by last years end...they did not make it. I would prefer Dish just man up and actually learn how to count. Only full time channels that have some sort of programming on then (wether it be HD or not) Counting Part time, game only HD RSN's should not be allowed. To me it is false advertisement. I think the FCC and the BBB should look into these yahoo's and put them in there place and protect the consumers like they are supposed to.

No and that is the point. IF you have the majority of your channels in hd then who cares if there are more coming right now. Dish has the channels that I want and the dvr that I like to use. DIrectv has about 8-9 other hd channels ,not counting sports, and they are like MTV, VH1,CMT,NICK. They don't even show hd yet. Now I would love to have FX ,SPIKE and it wouldn't hurt to have the Showtime suite of channels in hd either. But that being said I am not going to die if I don't get them. NEITHER WILL ANYONE ELSE. So chill already. They are coming, just not now. By next year I am sure that they will add them and others as they negoitate. I don't see the DIRECTV people having a cow about their provider lieing to them. DIRECTV had promised upto 150 hd channels way before DISH and even said that they would have capacity for 200 . They don't have them either and just added a whole lot of pay per views. They don't seem to be upset and are just enjoying watching their tv. So should everyone else. It could be worse you know. DISH could be having the kind of retransimission disputes with national channels like they do locals and you would lose them as well.

No and that is the point. IF you have the majority of your channels in hd then who cares if there are more coming right now. Dish has the channels that I want and the dvr that I like to use. DIrectv has about 8-9 other hd channels ,not counting sports, and they are like MTV, VH1,CMT,NICK. They don't even show hd yet. Now I would love to have FX ,SPIKE and it wouldn't hurt to have the Showtime suite of channels in hd either. But that being said I am not going to die if I don't get them. NEITHER WILL ANYONE ELSE. So chill already. They are coming, just not now. By next year I am sure that they will add them and others as they negoitate. I don't see the DIRECTV people having a cow about their provider lieing to them. DIRECTV had promised upto 150 hd channels way before DISH and even said that they would have capacity for 200 . They don't have them either and just added a whole lot of pay per views. They don't seem to be upset and are just enjoying watching their tv. So should everyone else. It could be worse you know. DISH could be having the kind of retransimission disputes with national channels like they do locals and you would lose them as well.

Well said! Enjoy the Holidays and look forward to HD New Year......:):)

Dish failed to make 150 because of the failure of the AMC-14 launch.

DISH Network's AMC-14 satellite fails to reach orbit - Engadget HD

[ame="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=dish+hd+plan+setback+failed+launch+AMC-14&btnG=Search"]dish hd plan setback failed launch AMC-14 - Google Search[/ame]

I guess Charlie didn't think this setback would prevent him from making 150 - hindsight is always clearer than foresight.;)

Why stop at 150? They could have promised up to 100 Million HD channels by year's end and still not be lieing.

Exactly! I think everybody knew what Dish meant by that statement. They were planning on having 150 channels but came up short. You can spin it any way you want but both Dish and Direct have come up short of their goals... at least so far!

In the last Charlie Chat, Charlie said they have 122 HD channels but will not be able to make the 150 number by year's end.

We should get 10 new channels in early January, 2009, and possibly another 20 or 25 by April or so.

`(please note my comment is non-predictive but hopeful.)`

i hope you're right. specifically, i would like to have FX by early january because that's when "damages" starts up again.

150 will come soon.

Up two 150 hd chanels by years end is just that, they did not say 150 hd chanels by the end of 08 now did they...

i rember direct claming 150 chanels B4 99 @103 launch at that time they only had 22 HD chanels compared to dish 40+ chanels

Bring Back Voom!!!!!!

Dish promised UP TO 150 channels by years end, not that they would have 150 channels by years end. Big difference!

But since, until very recently, they claimed that they provided up to 100 channels, not up to 150, it's reasonable for any sensible person to infer that they were implying that there would be an increase in channels.

Scott, you banned all talk about Voom, except the one thread. Should you think about banning talk about more HD by the end of the year or would there be NOTHING left to talk about?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)