1500 LIL & 150 NATIONAL HD CHANNELS .. AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT SEES A FLAW IN THE SLAW

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

moqz1001

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 24, 2004
In The 210 Dma's How Many Locals Are Their Combined ?

Now As For National Channels ... There Is Wayyyyy More Than 150 Channels, So What Channels Will Directv Drop ?

Because If The Channels Themselves Are No Hd Directv Could Still Upconvert Them To Hd

But Still We Have Over 150 National Channels ( Tnt, Espn Etc...) And Manty Not Carried By Directv Yet...

So Me I Am Not Celebrating, They Dont Have Room For The 300+ National Channels Out There...

So This Means Either More Sat Launches And/or Another New Dish We Will Need After The 5 Bird One In 3 Years

So Now What ?

Holy triple post - Batman!

The press release relates only to new HD programming. They're not going to be touching their current Standard definition programming at their current satellite core Ku satellite positions for a long... long... long... long.... time.

So the "more than150 national HD channels" is a marketing statement that they will eventually provide that many HD national channels sometime in the future - but there currently aren't that many out there to offer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)