151 OLN is On

AWESOME!!! I can now watch my favorite team (Edmonton) in the comfort of my own home instead of having to sit at the Bar or bug friends. The amount of money I am going to save on Beer and Food is going to pay of the increase to the 180 package for months!!!

Thank you Dish and OLN for FINALLY making a deal!!!

I have message 743, Program not available in my area. I have Top 180. Is it because I live in Colorado and can watch the game on Altitude?

rifleman625 said:
I have message 743, Program not available in my area. I have Top 180. Is it because I live in Colorado and can watch the game on Altitude?
that would be my guess

YES!!!! Well, not yankees YES, just the exclamation!

Can't express my thrill to see it there before round three - Would hate to see the wings on XM, while, hear anyway.

Great to have it back! I only missed eight wings games during the season while it was gone, not too bad I guess.

rifleman625 said:
stars-avs on both oln and local ch.27 in dallas...

utexex79 said:
stars-avs on both oln and local ch.27 in dallas...

that's all fine, but he doesn't live in Dallas now does he, he lives in Colorado which means channel 27 means nothing to him. His question was about the game on Altitude not where you can see it in Dallas.

Slamminc11 said:
that's all fine, but he doesn't live in Dallas now does he, he lives in Colorado which means channel 27 means nothing to him. His question was about the game on Altitude not where you can see it in Dallas.
i believe he was asking if oln was blacked out because it was on the local sports channel... i was just demonstrating that this was not the case because there is no blackout here, where the game actually is. just trying to help answer his question, no need to for you to jump in and be an asss about it.

Too Late

Too late for me. I stopped Dish three weeks ago and switched to Insight Cable.
I waited from Oct to April and just as I was afraid of, Dish settled just after I pulled th e plug! This is why I pleaded with them to share some kind of proactive information!
Oh, well, I will watch my Cable for the next several months, I do not have any long term commitment, and maybe if the deal is sweat enough I might come back. But to be honest, Dish will have to also be selling snowcones to the Eskimos first.

Hope you you that held in there are happy with your Hockey, and I reallly do hope you are not future victims.

Regards,

utexex79 said:
i believe he was asking if oln was blacked out because it was on the local sports channel... i was just demonstrating that this was not the case because there is no blackout here, where the game actually is. just trying to help answer his question, no need to for you to jump in and be an asss about it.

His Question:
rifleman625 said:
I have message 743, Program not available in my area. I have Top 180. Is it because I live in Colorado and can watch the game on Altitude?.
was about living in Colorado. It's all good since the Av's are coming back here with a 2-0 lead! :D Though I am surprised as anyone about that!

Thats one thing I do not like about Dish. Channels dissapearing and reappearing because they cannot work out a contract ahead of time. NO way to run a business IMO jerking the customers around like a yo-yo. Many people make decisions about which service provider to use based on what channels they carry. And when you sign a contract the provider should be required to at least continue to carry those channels during the contract, or let you out of the contract for no cost and buy back the equipment. ANd I know the arguement "charlies trying to get the best deal and keep rates down, yada yada yada." I dont buy it. It happens too much lot with DISH IMO. I think its more of a case of waiting until the last minute to do things.

Last edited:
WOW! Dish actually came thru. Yesterday arround 5:30pm I desided to see if there was anything on 151. I was very suprised to see the hockey game. Do we also get the HD games?

Movie_Nut said:
Too late for me. I stopped Dish three weeks ago and switched to Insight Cable.
I waited from Oct to April and just as I was afraid of, Dish settled just after I pulled th e plug! This is why I pleaded with them to share some kind of proactive information!
Oh, well, I will watch my Cable for the next several months, I do not have any long term commitment, and maybe if the deal is sweat enough I might come back. But to be honest, Dish will have to also be selling snowcones to the Eskimos first.

Hope you you that held in there are happy with your Hockey, and I reallly do hope you are not future victims.

Regards,

For leverage, E* has to play hardball and talk like OLN was gone for good..... If they hinted that, well, we're in negotiations right now, but you should have it in 2-3 months, than they give the other side a timetable to stick to their guns or they are open to ridicule.

Lifetime.... caved.
OLN..... caved.

Yes, it hurts while we miss programming, but look at your bill compared to cable and see what happens. With the exception of Viacom, which had Charlie over a barrel with CBS, he's been able to turn back the ultimatums that smaller programmers have tried to ram through..... With his family pak and threats of a la carte, he's put the brakes on more and more channels of stale reruns.

I'm happy to see hockey fans are covered again. Tour De France? I dunno, it seems like without Lance it will be anticlimactic..... Fishing and hunting. It's like bowling. Much more fun as a participatory sport rather than a spectator sport.....

The last long holdout remains.... YES. Let's see if he can pull this one off. (Oh yeah, MASN too, but that is still pretty new - but with the Nats sucking wind this year, they may cave quickly too)

Kew l I am happy that Dish is carrying OLN.. I have been wanting to get off TWC . Some please tell me how there HD programming is ... Also how is the voOm channels doing are the still all reruns and in HD lite?? any info on this would be very helpful to me making my mind up if I want to switch or not....

Slamminc11 said:

Testy, testy... simply an example of a local team is playing and it's not being blacked out; which is the opposite of what is happening in Colorado. It's an effort at providing useful information that tells him OLN is not being blacked out in Dallas (the other team involved in the question); and it was also helpful to others of us in Dallas who might have been wondering based on the initial question. This is a discussion forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)