157 degrees continued...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

azsun22

Original poster
Jan 17, 2005
Relax. I don't want to hack. I am willing to pay. I'm just trying to prove my theory to DISH and let them know this... my locals are on there and it is less crowded on that bird, so therefore more bandwith and in theory a better picture to pass my locals, rather than compress them down to squeeze them on a bird with several others and look as bad as they do now. If lyou don't think DSS signal is poor...compare side by side to 4DTV.

I am fully aware of bandwith and compression.

They are there right now to "keep the satellite warm". If they ever use it, it probably will be for Hawaii or Alaska

What theory? More channels on a TP = crappy picture...that's pretty easy
They will continue to cram 10-12 channels per TP because they can

why do you think I canceled Dish? crappy picture and nothing on.....I take that back, I still have the Duluth, MN locals (moved)

Duluth?

You still have the Duluth, MN locals and you moved? Did I read that right?
What do you have (equipment)? Agree that 4DTV is best signal wise?

I think the situation with Echostar 4 is that it is in such bad shape that DISH wouldn't risk making it available to customers in case it finally dies off. As of June 30, 2002, only 6 of the 44 transponders are still functioning, according to this site.

azsun22 said:
You still have the Duluth, MN locals and you moved? Did I read that right?

yep. Moved back to Minneapolis but kept the Duluth locals :)
What do you have (equipment)? Agree that 4DTV is best signal wise?
I don't have 4DTV, but I've seen analog KU...nice picture
no compression :D

Hacking essentially?

Kept Duluth locals while moving to Minn/St. P. You can only get away with that because it's the same spot beam. But....
Isn't that hacking essentially? I bet WCCO wouldn't like it.

azsun22 said:
Kept Duluth locals while moving to Minn/St. P. You can only get away with that because it's the same spot beam. But....
Isn't that hacking essentially? I bet WCCO wouldn't like it.

CCO still gets their revenue from my viewing...I can pick them up OTA at my house. I have a cabin that IS in the Duluth DMA and the receiver does go therer when I go there.

and no that isn't hacking....I am still paying for a service..

I'll pay

Well then, I'll pay to get WCCO here in the south then too. Oh wait, Nielsen won't allow DISH to do that out-of-market. Or we wouldn't have such things as "spot" beams. Hmmmm.

Is there a point to this? Your original question has been answered.

btw: you wouldn't want WCCO :) (I don't like their news)

Point is...

Your forum police jumped to your own hacking conclusion and jumped down my neck for my original legit question, when in the end it's not me hacking, but you. ;)
Relax and laugh at it.
Thanks. I'll end.

um, when people ask if they can get X satellite (a DBS satellite) with a Pansat 2500, we jump to conclusions...we have to (too many hackers trying to post here)

and since I am not a hacker (I pay for my service), totally different situation.

And since the OP's question was answered and this got off topic, thread closed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts