!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MikeinBaja

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
San Diego area (CA)
As some of you regulars might know, I mainly got into FTA with the idea in mind to bring some legal TV to several orphages here in my part time home in Baja.

I am proud to say that due to your input and support, I now have 6 sites up and running (and an apprentice in the pipeline - my "Sat-buddy" Carlos with his new Birdog meter), but I really got humbled this evening.

Somewhat normal day (I'm retired - just another day that ends in a "y"- except today was my Bday). Gor a call late in the afternoon with trouble with one of the kids sites/locations - getting "nada" (no tunes for the 20 plus kids there - I'm completely and perfectly screwed if I can't get it up again!).

Grabbed my tools some parts and my cute little readhead cutie (married 22 yrs) because she "wanted to see the kids too" and headed on up there only to discover that I'd been completely set up.

Nothing at all wrong with the TV. The kids (mostly. their initial idea -plus support) got the centers together and tosed a little "fiesta" for their "TV dude".

Ladies & gents - I'm an old retired USAF fighter pilot (feeling achier and older every day) , but these kids completely humbled me today.

My message to this board - go out and do something good that you KNOW is the right thing to do - even if it costs you modest $.

It comes back yo you eventually.

My thanks to the great tech support from the regulars on this board (you know who you are) - I did a toast in your collective names (the site name) with the adults at the "after" party with somevery nice home brew tequila (gotta bottle it!).

We "did a good thing" ladies and gents, and I thank you for your help.

(No, I'm not sharing the jug of homebrew I brought home - don't even ask!)

Damned nice story, my friend!
Keep up the good work.
Glad to have you on board as a SatGuy member! - :up

(I'll bring my own bottle) - :D

Excellent! I love hearing stories of good deeds which are actually appreciated and acknowledged.
More people should just "throw caution to the wind" and do the right thing! It's the human thing to do.

I believe it was you I read a post from quite some time ago about setting up these orphanages and you were having a frustrating time because some "do gooder" decided to install hackware on the receiver at one of the sites. Congrats for sticking it out! :)

U'r great people you and yr wife !!!!

May God bless you both !!!

Muchas Gracias por ayudar a los chiquillos y chiquillas !!!!!!!

Salud !!! my friends !!!!!

WOW!! :clap:clap:clap

This makes this site even MORE pleasurable. Thanks for sharing the great day (and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to ya).

May God bless you and the young lady of 22 years. I hope this is the most "trouble" you ever have from your systems...............

Bill

Mike,

Happy belated birthday! What a great story and motivation to do the right thing even when people aren't watching! Way to go.... Keep those children happy!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)