$199 811 ... What do you guys think ? Is this a Scam ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The only thing I ask is if this is legit someone order an exta for me cause i'm stuck at work

I don't believe that price is correct. Retailers can't buy them for that price when they come out.

I guess thats why he has a "Wish List" on his page, I wish that the 811 was $199 too. :D

I just called them. They said that the price is correct and that is with the service activation. Also, he said that the 811 iwll be available on Nov. 17th. What you guys think?

Hyo

Don't get your hopes up... from their policy page:

Typographical Errors
PlasmaGuru.com's credo is truth in advertising, and we aspire to publish accurate selling prices for the products we offer. However, in the event a product is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to typographical error or error in pricing or product information received from our suppliers, PlasmaGuru.com shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price. PlasmaGuru.com shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is canceled, PlasmaGuru.com shall immediately issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge.

Lee

hyoshim said:
I just called them. They said that the price is correct and that is with the service activation. Also, he said that the 811 iwll be available on Nov. 17th. What you guys think?

Hyo

Just shows they don't know what they are talking about (and BTW why is it this is the ONLY Dish Network product I can see on their page?)

On yesterdays Retailer Charlie Chat, Charlie himself said the release date would be December 1st.

cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged already for purchase

Isn't that illegal ? This place sounds worse than DELL

:p I really had difficult time dealing with their CS rep too Dell CS that is. But for that matter, E* is no exception. I was talking to one sales guy and he said that 811 will be offered as part of the DHP equipment lease option on 15 th. I called them back to make sure what I've heard is true, since I read that the 811 will be available in Dec time frame, and $#*& they said that they never heard such thing. Huh????? What is going on here?? Had to laugh :superlol:

Hyo

hyoshim said:

Hyo

Scott Greczkowski said:
I don't believe that price is correct. Retailers can't buy them for that price when they come out.

I guess thats why he has a "Wish List" on his page, I wish that the 811 was $199 too. :D

After the buy back on a new customer activation, a retailer could still make a buck. However the unit should not be sold as receiver only when any real new customer would need a dish as well. Nov 17th? HA!!!!!

I didn't go read their promo but I can bet you that they are quoting $199 for the receiver on a new activation (customer) on the Free Dish promo that gives you a free $199 receiver/Dish/install and if you upgrade to a higher end receiver the $199 is deducted so they could actually get to $199. Of course with Dish in a state of flux as to the real price for the 811 they could still be off if the price does end up at the lofty $499 they are quoting at the present.

OK, I don't see anything at $199, but this page says $399. I don't see anything anywhere that mentions $199, "for new customers", etc.

Did they change their website/page?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)