1st Birdog review.............

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Parlyle

Pub Member/Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 16, 2004
West Central Wisconsin
I just got in from checking the Dishnet 61.5 sat from my questionable site by the Tree. I put the foot on the post and aimed as good as I thought I could. I have a Dish 500 pan with a DP Dual LNB, with an "I" attachment on the arm. I also have a 5 foot jumper coax from the LNB to the Birdog. No go on the satellite. I was using battery power and it just kept on beeping. I took the whole dish assembly off of the J pole and started walking around the yard. I found the satellite then. I was just kneeling on the ground and put the dish on my knee and kind of moved it back and forth until I got a signal. So the satellite is there, and the Bird found it. I found that the Birdog unit automatically shuts itself off after a few minutes. Is this normal? Also, does the Birdog loose its' sight power if the battery is low? I made my way back to the post sight hoping to keep the lock on, but the battery power went in the toliet and I couldn't get any lock around the post. I will attatch a photo of my satellist post and the Tree in question. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I will get the 61.5 somehow, someway.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)