2/10/2010 2:07pm - Uplink Activity Report - 97 changes

Both answered in previous posts....

Platinum

ANd both are in Absolute, 363 and 365
So I wasn't the first to answer someone's question. How is your sarcasm helpful?

I don't expect new channels, and am not surprised when they don't appear. That doesn't stop me from checking, though!

The only ones possible for Alaska and Hawaii would be the two on 110. With a six foot dish I can see all of the HD on 129, but if Dish doesn't add them to our package they show up as red in the guide and are not available. Expecting to see a lot more red when I get home after todays uplink report. Congrats on all the new HD today.

Yeah, I don't believe there will be any love from Dish for the forgotten 49th and 50th states anytime in the near future....even if we do have to pay an extra $5/mo. as a "Hawaii Upgrade" fee. They still haven't even restored the Platinum HD channels they took away last year.

I don't think so. Dish moving the replacement Sat to 61.5 is dependent on FCC approval. So all that can be said is that it won't happen until then and you have to add in travel time. So it likely won't be a quick fix. :(

Dish's FCC filing requested FCC action on their request by no later than March 1, 2010.

Villa-ManU is 16x9 upconverted from 576i, just like the ESPN2-HD broadcasts of 10am matches.

Just as with those, it looks very close to HD, but is 576.

It's an interesting question as to whether the "map down" will work for a timer that existed prior to the map down...

When I get home in an hour I will post which version recorded.

Called and had them schedule a tech to come out this Saturday and upgrade my dish. No way to get them to credit back the $15 Tech Charge though according to Tech Support.

They are going to upgrade my 110/119 Dish 500 to a Dish 1000 that can see 110/119/129 and leave the 61.5 dish alone. All LNBs and Dishes to be modified as needed.

I have pretty good line of sight with the dishes I have as they are on my roof. Hopefully it can see 129 without too much difficulty...

Question:

I have a 119/110 and 61.5 setup. I need to keep my 119/110 for my Locals on 110 and my latino and italian programming on 119.

Can't I just re-aim my 61.5 dish to 72.7 and be alright or do I absolutely need to have a service call to put up the eastern arc dish and tie it to my 110/119?

I believe the 129 is too low on the horizon for my setup which is why the installer didn't use that for my HD. Is the 72.7 somehow not compatible with a 110/119 setup?

Called and had them schedule a tech to come out this Saturday and upgrade my dish. No way to get them to credit back the $15 Tech Charge though according to Tech Support.

They are going to upgrade my 110/119 Dish 500 to a Dish 1000 that can see 110/119/129 and leave the 61.5 dish alone. All LNBs and Dishes to be modified as needed.

I have pretty good line of sight with the dishes I have as they are on my roof. Hopefully it can see 129 without too much difficulty...

Since you're in NJ, is there a reason you're not upgrading to a 1000.4 to pick up the EA?

Am I right in thinking FSC HD is only available to Americas Top 250 + HD? By my calculation that would be $28/month over my TurboHD Silver (+DVR) (From $52 I pay now to $80/mo). That being the only station I really want (but I do, really want it...)...I don't know if I can bring myself to up my bill quite that much.

FSC-HD is available to anyone who has FSC and also has the HD package.

I get FSC in "Dish Latino Max" which is $53 per month.

Add HD for $10 and the total minimum cost for FSC-HD is thereby $63 per month (plus the usual equipment charges).

Dish Latino Max includes most English language channels and their HD equivalents, the only notable exceptions being FoxNews, MSNBC, Science-HD and ESPN Classic. It includes all the Spanish language channels, and if you are interested in soccer, that includes ESPN Deportes and Fox Sports en Espanol.

Add HD for $10 and the total minimum cost for FSC-HD is thereby $63 per month (plus the usual equipment charges).

Dish Latino Max includes most English language channels and their HD equivalents, the only notable exceptions being FoxNews, MSNBC, Science-HD and ESPN Classic. It includes all the Spanish language channels, and if you are interested in soccer, that includes ESPN Deportes and Fox Sports en Espanol.

Me too - it's the reason I switched to Dish - it's a fantastic deal and it includes some free movie channels plus Playboy TV for nada. I also have RAItalia for extra Serie A/B coverage.

This is why I need to keep my 110/119 dish. So, since I don't get locals in HD via my 61.5, can I just re-aim that dish to 72.7 and watch TV within the next 45 minutes?

Yeah, I don't believe there will be any love from Dish for the forgotten 49th and 50th states anytime in the near future....even if we do have to pay an extra $5/mo. as a "Hawaii Upgrade" fee. They still haven't even restored the Platinum HD channels they took away last year.

I may be wrong, but I'm thinking we'll get taken care of when they get the new sat up and tested. I was really looking forward to BBCA HD.

Question:

I have a 119/110 and 61.5 setup. I need to keep my 119/110 for my Locals on 110 and my latino and italian programming on 119.

Can't I just re-aim my 61.5 dish to 72.7 and be alright or do I absolutely need to have a service call to put up the eastern arc dish and tie it to my 110/119?

I believe the 129 is too low on the horizon for my setup which is why the installer didn't use that for my HD. Is the 72.7 somehow not compatible with a 110/119 setup?

If you point at 72.7 instead of 61.5, you'll lose most of your national HD programming. Only today's new national HD is on 72.7. There's a lot more on 61.5.

Thanks for the info! I hadn't thought of the Latino pack...

Happ Camper News!

After the new channels were turned on I called Dish on the phone the old fashioned way and when the recording asked what what they can help me about I said "Tech Support".

I calmly went through what has just happened and mentioned this site as my source (thanks Scott) and I am about to get upgraded to EA on Friday morning for FREE and with NO CONTRACTUAL OBLIBATIONS!!

So now they will take away my old 500 and the 300 that looks at 61.5 and give me a 1000.4 set-up for nothing.

I am considered a "top customer" and have auto pay and paperless billing and still get Cinemax for a year for a penny. They must like me. If you are in this "in crowd", I'll bet you can get the same deal as I did.

Call away friends! :)

Last edited:
Me too - it's the reason I switched to Dish - it's a fantastic deal and it includes some free movie channels plus Playboy TV for nada. I also have RAItalia for extra Serie A/B coverage.

This is why I need to keep my 110/119 dish. So, since I don't get locals in HD via my 61.5, can I just re-aim that dish to 72.7 and watch TV within the next 45 minutes?

It would make more sense to first try and repoint to 129, since ALL the HD channels are on 129. If you repoint to 72.7, you will get FSC-HD and BBCA-HD, but you will lose CNN-HD, etc.

If you have an obstruction blocking 129, then you could try 72.7 .

BTW, 72.7 will only work on ViP receivers (all HD receivers are ViP).

thanks for the information kstu.

I'll see what 72 loses and what 129 buys at dishuser.org and check out the sitelines for 129. They seem to be putting up nothing but 61.5 dishes in my area for HD so I'm a bit weary about the 129's low sightline since locals weren't part of the decision behind the installers choosing the 61.5.

It would make more sense to first try and repoint to 129, since ALL the HD channels are on 129. If you repoint to 72.7, you will get FSC-HD and BBCA-HD, but you will lose CNN-HD, etc.

If you have an obstruction blocking 129, then you could try 72.7 .

BTW, 72.7 will only work on ViP receivers (all HD receivers are ViP).

i have 61.5/72.7/77/110 now, would i have to switch dishes or would they just leave this one if i switch to Latino max. Did not know that had all the English less the few you mentioned, would miss msnbc but that would be $10 less than 250 plus $15 less for the Latino bonus pack i have now. Does max have the Dominican channel and the others from other countries?

thanks for the information kstu.

I'll see what 72 loses and what 129 buys at dishuser.org and check out the sitelines for 129. They seem to be putting up nothing but 61.5 dishes in my area for HD so I'm a bit weary about the 129's low sightline since locals weren't part of the decision behind the installers choosing the 61.5.

Go to dishpointer.com and put in your address and then choose 129.