2/10/2010 2:07pm - Uplink Activity Report - 97 changes

It is interesting that Dish would only bring up Indie and Retro and not MoviePlex, which seem to be advertised on Ind/Ret as a NEW 3 pack of channels....

And WHY does it take Dish SOoooooo long to negotiate channels? Where is Epix?! The friggin CEO of Epix was talking how Dish would have it soon. Do they still use Paper cups and string to communicate?!?!

First thing you need to do is get transfered to the Technical Department . They are the only ones that can help you with satellite dish upgrades,and channel / satellite lists. Everyone else is clueless.
Customers with the protection plan are getting upgrade for $15, customers without Protection planvare getting charged the standard $95 technition service fee.

Hemi:

As I stated previously, I am getting the upgrade to EA for FREE. I do not have the protection plan and they are waiving the 90 something dollar fee for me. No contractural obligation as well.

I must have been the first one to talk to person I got about all of this. She asked for one example of one of the new channels and I mentioned E!. I read the real channel number right off the screen from this site and where it was mapped down to. She put me on hold for a couple of minutes then came back and gave me the good news.

I am surprised she didn't offer me a job as well. :D

Hmm... the Top Gear episode showed the "Star in a Reasonably Priced Car", although this time the Star was American.... they did not show "The News"....it is hard to say what else was missing without going back to the original, but either they dropped another whole segment, or else they shortened all the segments...

They've been showing the 'Star in a reasonably priced car' segment on BBCA versions for quite some time now. Each episode I usually just skip through the interview to get to their run, since I usually don't know who these people are anyway. I watch for the cars and antics, not interviews. :)

They usually don't show 'The News', but will occasionally do some short segments on new cars coming out, and the 'Cool board'.

It is interesting that Dish would only bring up Indie and Retro and not MoviePlex, which seem to be advertised on Ind/Ret as a NEW 3 pack of channels....

And WHY does it take Dish SOoooooo long to negotiate channels? Where is Epix?! The friggin CEO of Epix was talking how Dish would have it soon. Do they still use Paper cups and string to communicate?!?!

Epix website needs updating to handle Dish Network customers
email address so Dish Network customers will be able to watch
movies on the Epix website that is the reason for the delay
according to Scott's source.

Although I would not mind MoviePlex, my guess is that Dish did not add it because I believe that MoviePlex shifts the movies that are placed on the Encore theme channels (Encore Love, Encore Drama, Encore Mystery, Enocre Westerns, Encore WAM, Encore Action). Basically, MoviePlex seems like later broadcasts of what is shown on those channels on the same day. I could be wrong, though. Sometimes I miss a movie that I wanted to watch; so, I would not mind MoviePlex. However, I like that they added IndiePlex HD and RetroPlex HD. MoviePlex would also be nice for those who do not have the Encore add-on or the Gold 250 pack. It could be like a preview of what they could have by upgrading their package. Just a thought, though.

I was hoping to see Epix, too.

Although I would not mind MoviePlex, my guess is that Dish did not add it because I believe that MoviePlex shifts the movies that are placed on the Encore theme channels (Encore Love, Encore Drama, Encore Mystery, Enocre Westerns, Encore WAM, Encore Action). Basically, MoviePlex seems like later broadcasts of what is shown on those channels on the same day. I could be wrong, though. Sometimes I miss a movie that I wanted to watch; so, I would not mind MoviePlex. However, I like that they added IndiePlex HD and RetroPlex HD. MoviePlex would also be nice for those who do not have the Encore add-on or the Gold 250 pack. It could be like a preview of what they could have by upgrading their package. Just a thought, though.

I was hoping to see Epix, too.

All of the Movieplex channels are part of the Starz/Encore family and carry basically identical movies. Starz has the first run flicks, but all of the Multiplex/Encore channels draw from the same pool of films. They're just themed slightly differently.

Just FYI.. while no official confirmation the word I am getting is the new HD channels are NOT going to be moved to 61.5 even if Echostar 6 is moved into place. :(

MoviePlex used to show Encore Westerns one day, Encore Love Stories the next, Encore (insert name here) the 3rd, etc. and cycle through a 7 day week and then back to Encore Westerns...

Really... That's interesting..... Ya'd think a NEW COMPANY might think that maybe, JUST maybe they'd have...... Customers. :)

Well hopefully they get around to fixing this issue soon, I watched Epix one day online and truly enjoyed it. :cool:

That's rather stupid. They could give us the channel now and access to the website later. Or, they could just forget about website access. Having Sirius on Dish doesn't give you access to Sirius online!

Just FYI.. while no official confirmation the word I am getting is the new HD channels are NOT going to be moved to 61.5 even if Echostar 6 is moved into place. :(

Kinda figured that. The old legacy hybrid EA/WA setups were a pain in their side to support on the uplink layout. And after all they did file to use E6 only if E3 has another failure, not to add capacity.

Neither does having a Sirius radio and subscription. The online listening is a separate service and separate charge.

I don't know where I got the idea that it did. Was it ever that way?

I suppose this is why I had no trouble upgrading to EA for free.

But why Scott, do you suppose others are being charged?

I did not have to fight for this at all. All I did was be very clear about everything I learned here.

But why Scott, do you suppose others are being charged?

I was told I was being charged because it involves a service call for the upgrade.
I'm not going to bitch about $15, I rather pay this ,get a good job and not piss off dish for future credits and promotions.
I've gotten plenty of free equipment ,programming and credits in the past year, That $15 is the least I could do.
No if it was $100, I might complain!:)

And what is E* going to do with subs in the Northeast that have both SD and HD receivers? EA only works with VIP receivers. 129 is very low (19.3 degrees) from my location for reliable reception.:(