2/2/2009 4:12pm Uplink Activity Report - 2 changes

Like I said in another post, we "lost" Smithsonian possibly for a limited time . . . I was emailed that negotiations were ongoing to get it back . . . I don't think I watched a second of it, so no loss for me!

What channel do we lose to get this one? MGM?
LOL! None that I can see. From what I've heard, Smithsonian isn't necessarily gone forever. It appears to be another pricing dispute. Maybe, hopefully, an agreement can be reached. I enjoyed Smith also, but I can understand the decision from a business standpoint.

What I can't understand, is how local channels expect Dish or any other provider, to pay to carry their signal. If you have an antenna, you get it for free! Those stations exist on advertising dollars, so why wouldn't you want your channel to reach all the households in your DMA? Makes absolutely no sense at all.

Like I said in another post, we "lost" Smithsonian possibly for a limited time . . . I was emailed that negotiations were ongoing to get it back . . . I don't think I watched a second of it, so no loss for me!

Yeah, considering it's a Showtime channel, I'm sticking with my theory of negotiating tactic for the other Showtime HD channels.

All indications are SMITH is still in negotiations.