2/24/08 Looking for FTA Card...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

scootertime

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2007
I am looking to order an FTA pci card. I am basically looking to pick up sports feeds and HD feeds. HD is what I am mainly looking to experiment with. I would like blind scan also, but not the biggest deal. Please give me your recommendations for the best card to purchase.

Forget blind scan with a card. The Skystar 2.3 card will do it kinda, but not reliable enough for me.

I use the DVB World USB box and like it pretty well.

Will make a decision later today...

But can you give me a place to purchase the DVBworld usb box if I wanted it?

Help!!!

I got a cheap Twinhan 1020a card and got it running on their software and dvbdream. I am using 22khz switch to separate the card from my 4dtv. I am using a bsc621 c/ku feedhorn. I did get cband to work on the card, but cannot get ku band to work. Can someone give me any tips on getting ku band to work? Any tips on making my experience better? I would like a better search, but it looks like transponder scan is the only scan available in the software for cards. Thanks

I am using a bsc621 c/ku feedhorn.
I did get cband to work on the card, but cannot get ku band to work.
Can someone give me any tips on getting ku band to work?
Any tips on making my experience better?
A lot of the info in Linuxman's thread on getting a GeoSatPro CK1 to work, would apply to the BSC-621.
Also, have you tried searching for other threads specifcally on it?
There's some discussion as to how the Ku portion can get twisted out of alignment, and may need adjustment.
On this page, see the links to:
- [FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]C/Ku focal point[/FONT]
- [FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica] Technical Bulletin
What sort of dish are you using?
[/FONT]

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)