2/25/2009 2:28pm - Uplink Activity Report - 84 changes

And there are also issues with the Colorado Springs spotbeam (SB28) coverage. I am in northern part of Teller County. The beam almost does not reach there. Instead, it covers large part of New Mexico--which is not in the DMA!!!

If there is no eastern arc spot beam that covers the Indy DMA, it can't be on the eastern arc. There are markets to the east if Indy that are also western arc markets. Maybe they will end up on the eastern arc anyway since they've pulled them today. Who knows what's going on. The eastern arc is kludged together with old satellites with beams not necessarily designed for bringing LiLs to the eastern half of the U.S. Ciel 2 was designed to provide spots for all areas of the U.S. from its current location. Once E* designs and launches a counterpart to Ciel 2 for the eastern arc, things will change in all likelihood.
That's a nice theory but I don't see anything on spot beams from the Eastern Arc. Also, South Bend, Gary, Elkhart and Salem in Indiana are all on Eastern Arc.

Mario

I can't tell for certain if KSWO-TV in Lawton, OK is still up linked on 61.5° and set for channel 5150. It's the only major network channel in the Wichita Falls-Lawton DMA not on 61.5° in HD. The NBC, FOX and CBS affiliates in Wichita Falls are on channels 5151, 5152 and 5153 in that spot beam. I don't understand what is keeping E* from turning on 5150.
Money perhaps? KSWO has a history of being greedy. They held out forever when E* first added SD locals. 7 was finally added when they got enough money and forced E* to carry their Telemundo sub-channel.

That's a nice theory but I don't see anything on spot beams from the Eastern Arc. Also, South Bend, Gary, Elkhart and Salem in Indiana are all on Eastern Arc.

Mario

All the LiLs on 61.5 are spot beamed. The 77 satellite is doing ConUS locals because it lacks spots. ConUS is the most inefficient way of delivering locals imagineable. Also just because nearby markets are on a particular satellite doesn't mean your market will also be. There could be insufficient transponder space or the spot beam might not cover the DMA.

I would like to see all the customers of the state of WV tell DishNetwork & Directv to disconnect their service because this state is being ignored by both companies. This state has alot of mountains & deep valleys & alot of customers can't even get SD channels on the dish. I post this because I will be disconnecting by 3-1-09 & a least we can get our locals on the cable & the hell with satellite.

WV has not been ignored because Charleston/Huntington WV has been served since 2003 (5 1/2 years) and it also serves another market in WV. The other markets do not offer all the network stations and satellite companies cannot legally offer the channels from other markets like cable can. They are trying to get this changed so that they can offer the rest of the markets all the network stations.

We don't want to move to denver!!!!!

We want local news without Ota because we live in a hilly area that ota will not cover..not to mention you cannot get any friggin signals for locals!!!!

We want what we want....

D* has locals in colorado springs and they reach teller county......hmmmmmmmmmm

I really do not want to switch to Direct; I have four HDDVRs now and doubt Direct would be able to handle my present wiring that uses separators connected to single RG-6 coax runs to each DVR.

I will figure it out if I have to...

if it turns out that the locals don't get to us....i'm going to rething something..

I have been with dish since 1993 or something...i don't want to leave....however.....

I really do not want to switch to Direct; I have four HDDVRs now and doubt Direct would be able to handle my present wiring that uses separators connected to single RG-6 coax runs to each DVR.

FYI, with DirecTV's SWM technology you can use wideband splitters to feed up to 8 tuners (4 HD DVR's) with single cable runs.

All the LiLs on 61.5 are spot beamed. The 77 satellite is doing ConUS locals because it lacks spots. ConUS is the most inefficient way of delivering locals imagineable. Also just because nearby markets are on a particular satellite doesn't mean your market will also be. There could be insufficient transponder space or the spot beam might not cover the DMA.
OK, I grant you that I read the list wrong but I still find it hard to believe that there isn't space. Wasn't that the main point of doing the Eastern Arc to begin with.?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)