2.33???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Mine took 2.33 sometime Monday. It's probably too soon to say anything definite, but I was able to watch two of the Monday night shows yesterday, and there was only one minor block error that did not effect the audio.

For those who are having problems, I'd be curious what bootstrap version your boxes have. Mine is 1414GALD.

After my one show with tons of audio drops, I watched two hours without a single problem at all. I don't know what to think.

qman said:
... One thing I noticed last night that was different from when I first set up the 522 a month ago was that I could edit a preexisting timer or Dish Pass and and modify the 1 min before and 3 min after options on the recording. Before, once the timer was set with these options, they were greyed out and you couldn't change them when editing. If you really wanted to change them you had to delete the timer and start over. I didn't check the software version, I'll do that tonight. It may be a small change if it is one but it does improve useability.
Are you sure you're editing the timer and not the event? When you select an event from the schedule list you can't change the padding. If you select the timer from the timers list, that's where you can change the padding.

Found SW233 loaded sometime overnight. Watched a previously recorded show and had a few minor picture and/or sound drops. Bootstrap is 1414GALD.

Minor picture and or sound drops don't seem to be due to the recording as I can go back and review without the drop reocurring.

prcasher said:
Minor picture and or sound drops don't seem to be due to the recording as I can go back and review without the drop reocurring.

Interesting because on mine, the skips and drops are in the recording. You go back and they are there. We made our first recording with 233 last night. For the first time since we got the receiver, we saw no skips or drops on the play back. I guess time will tell.

Jack

I got it the other night to. Recorded two shows last night and the video was fine BUT the audio dropped out about every 10 to 15 seconds. Totally unwatchable. My boot strap is 1414GALD. Will see what happens tonight.

Joe

I watched some more recorded programs today and only had a few minor video glitches and a few audio dropouts like befor. The really bad recording with all the Audio dropouts was from USA Network and I wonder now if it was a channel specific problem.
I have bootstrap 1414GALD

Was getting minor video and/or sound dropout after 233 when watching recorded shows. It didn't seem to be the recording as I could go back and review with no problems. Decided to do soft reset (at an opportune time, when not recording, turned it off then held in off button till it reset) since then watched about 4 1hr shows and only noticed a few very minor video distortions. Going back and reviewing indicated they were recorded that way. It's looking better all the time.

I think there should be a setting for the default for the padding timers. I find that the 3 minutes late causes a problem with back to back recordings when it decides to use TV1 instead of the TV2 default.

Regarding 2.33: Of course, when my wife is using it, which is rare, it always seizes up. Last night during her replay of King of Queens (my life, btw, except in my case, it's a mother-in-law), it decided to crap out and start a disk diagnostic. Naturally my wonderful wife decided to cancel it even though she could still watch the show on our cable lifeline. Luckily (for me) all of my previous recordings were still in place.

One odd thing I noticed with the last release was that an old PPV recording title changed from the movie name to "Locked Event." Playback and description are OK, it just seems strange, as if the index got messed up.

2.33 was supposed to fix the '599 error' and the 'system info loop lockup' problem. No mention of audio fixes.

My update showed up Wednesday... I noticed that you can now press "Info" on the remote for more detailed infomation on what the "All/New/Daily..." timers mean. It's an alternative to scrolling aside and pressing "Help". That's the only change I noticed (I don't think it was there before).

After a week with 2.33 I feel comfortable saying that the video blocking and audio chirps are fixed (at least for me). I've watched about 8 hours of stuff that was recorded since getting 2.33 and have only noticed one small blocking error that didn't effect the audio, and could have been due to weak signal strength off the 105 sat (I have the superdish for Columbia, MO DMA).

The 2.33 update did not fix all the 599 error problems I still can reproduce one almost at will by doing a search which does not find any shows especially if its the second search I have preformed with out going out of the search menu. I am entering the search menu directly.

I still get audio dropouts and small video glitches when watching recorded events with 2.33
I was watching a recorded show and put it on pause to goto the other room. when I came back Disk diagnostics was running and it showed 599 in the message box.
It completed in about 10 mins and everything was fine but then I paused it again and the same thing happened. message 599 and disk diag started running.
I have only had the box a month but this was the first time I have seen disk diag running and twice in one night.

phat_bastard said:
After a week with 2.33 I feel comfortable saying that the video blocking and audio chirps are fixed (at least for me). I've watched about 8 hours of stuff that was recorded since getting 2.33 and have only noticed one small blocking error...

Seems I spoke too soon. Monday night's CBS and NBC primetime shows were evidently too much for my 522 to handle. I even took a look at the firmware version during a commercial break to make sure the boys at E* hadn't thrown us another curveball.

I have software version L233(GAED-N) on my 522, with bootstrap version 1414GAED, dual mode, avg temp is 113 F.

I haven't experienced any of the aforementioned sync issues or audio pops.

I did notice, but maybe this was already there pre L233, that the Dolby Digital settings in the setup menus are greyed for TV2 and active for TV1 - which makes total sense. Just thought I'd mention it if someone searched later and was confused as to why their DD setup was greyed out when they are using TV2 remote to change it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts