2.81 811 release. What are the new bugs?

WeeJavaDude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2003
SoCal
Thought I would put a place holder to post the new bugs and to indicate what bugs are still there.

The two that I would be most interested in:

1) Is the Acquiring signal bug still there (My guess yes).
2) Post any reports of lose video. (HOpefully they squashed this one)

Let the bug parade begin.

It's an old bug, one I haven't seen in a while, but.....

I just got the BSOD going from a digital OTA to channel 9420. I had to soft boot, all is well again. AArrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!

I got one BSOD and one acquring signal so far but I had some hardware issues at the switch so I am not sure if this is releated. At this point I am discounting them until I get another incident.

The program Guide info is a welcome addition to say the least and I actually feel the PQ is a bit better. Maybe it is wishful thinking.

Ive been getting a sudden drop in FPS... sounds weird i know but shows in hd start moving in slow-mo but the sound is still runnin fine.

ShadowEKU said:
Ive been getting a sudden drop in FPS... sounds weird i know but shows in hd start moving in slow-mo but the sound is still runnin fine.

Damn. I was hoping they fixed that. :mad:

NightRyder

WeeJavaDude said:
I got one BSOD and one acquring signal so far but I had some hardware issues at the switch so I am not sure if this is releated. At this point I am discounting them until I get another incident.

The program Guide info is a welcome addition to say the least and I actually feel the PQ is a bit better. Maybe it is wishful thinking.

I got one incident of acquiring signal and one BSOD with 2.81.

-Mark

CLOSED CAPTION is intermittent again. They fixed it a couple of updates ago. But, it's back to acting flaky.

ACQUIRING SIGNAL/DOWNLOADING GUIDE is still there. Although it happened to me going from SAT channel to EPG once since the update. It used to only happen with OTA to EPG.

BLACK SCREEN AND AUDIO (variation to the "of death" and "not quite dead"). Recently, when switching from OTA to SAT channel using Recall, I got the black screen. I pushed up, down, exit, browse, in no particular order, to see if I could get a banner or channel change. Instead, the 811 spontaneously re-booted.

UPDATE DOWNLOAD GETS STUCK. This happened for the 2.80 update as well. Others have reported similar experience, but it seemed more prevalent for 2.80.

The only thing I have noticed is that the guide screen is jittery. I wasn't even aware that there was a new update until I checked the forums, but I did notice that the screen now shakes ever so slightly when in guide mode. This certainly was not like this a few days ago.

oh my god your setup screen is a little jittery? someone please call 911. how do u even watch tv with it doin that?

Once again, I'm getting a lot of 'information not available' in the guide requiring a reset of the 811. One of my OTA channels (PBS) causes the screen to blink in and out and the change screen format message box pops up and blinks in and out. With 2.80 the channel worked fine. I'm also getting picture freezing that requires a channel change to unfreeze it.

Last night I went from an OTA digital channel to a satellite channel via the Guide. The minute I hit guide, it went directly to "aquiring." SOSDD!!!

G_Sup said:
The only thing I have noticed is that the guide screen is jittery. I wasn't even aware that there was a new update until I checked the forums, but I did notice that the screen now shakes ever so slightly when in guide mode. This certainly was not like this a few days ago.

Do you have a RP-CRT?

My guide in my old Dish receiver (Model 5000) was always jittery. The 811 guide on a RP-LCD is rock solid.

GaryPen said:
Time to switch to decaf, Matt. Oh, and wipe Charlie's ass marks off your nose.

Laughing my mother effin' arse off on that one Gary. I do so love your posts. BTW haven't gotten the 2.81 update yet. My 811 has actually gone downhill since 2.69.

Try this the next time you get a Black Screen o' "Death": Press the "Dish Home" button on your remote, then press 'cancel". This brought back the picture and sound for me without having to reboot the 811.

Lot of issues after new software

I have to say that I have had a lot of issues after the update. Can anyone confirm they are having "more" problems with the list below?

1) Guide data constantly showing no info available, sometimes come back after watching a show, sometimes not.

2) Getting from guide screen with partial video sometimes I cant flip through the favorites list (ie, all channel, all sub etc) and cannot even hit "OK" to watch the show in the guide window. Have to cut off unit for 2-3 minutes.

3) BSOD more often - only had to hard reboot 3-4 times in the 3 months prior to this update. Have had to do it more than 6 times since.

4) When guide data does show up it often only goes out to 30 min. or an hour. Requires me to turn off unit for several minutes.

5) "Guide data being downloaded" screen comes up and does its thing (randomly) and when it comes back, guide data is not populated....10 seconds later, "Guide data being downloaded" screen comes up again and it does this 'loop' several times. Only fix for me is to hard reboot and go through the "aquiring signal process"

Keep in mind that only #2 affected me before and that was only once a month on average. :no :no :no

Oak

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)