2/9/2009 2:12am - Uplink Activity Report - 35 changes

LOL - Yes but as dead as this bird is - I am willing to bet it will be moved. Expect an FCC filing soon...! It maye shore up E3 @ 61.5 soon the way dish works! two dead birds = one useful one - Maybe ;0 LOL

LOL - Yes but as dead as this bird is - I am willing to bet it will be moved. Expect an FCC filing soon...! It maye shore up E3 @ 61.5 soon the way dish works! two dead birds = one useful one - Maybe ;0 LOL

Last I heard is going to 148 so they can keep a satellite at this slot and comply with FCC rules. That is, if it makes it there. :)

I wouldn't say ouch. ;) I'd say NICE! Regaining that CONUS space with the efficient use of spotbeams for locals.

We still have the following markets CONUS on 129:

Albuquerque, NM
Salt Lake City, UT
Wausau, WI
Nashville, TN
Los Angeles, CA
Sioux City, IA
San Angelo, TX
Abilene, TX

Get 'em out the way so more HD LILs can come online!

Agreed! And while they are at it, they should give those of us in Los Angeles KCAL 9 in HD.

I see them moved Nashville once already do you think there going to leave them CONUS?

Nope. They put them on TP 14 CONUS since they will actually be on TP 14 of the Spotbeam. Look here: SatelliteGuys.US - Subscription 129°W

With them TP14 on CONUS they are blocking quite a few other markets waiting.

I know lots of people keep asking... do you think they will leave "XYZ" CONUS on 129? My answer is....nope. Ciel-2 has spotbeams that cover just about the entire US. It would be a waste of multi-million dollar satellite to leave some locals CONUS, not to mention a huge waste of spectrum on 129.

The speculation I have heard about CONUS HD locals is for the All American Direct folks. But I haven't really seen anything "up there" to back this up yet, so don't get your hopes up.

There are many HD locals coming to Ciel-2. Hang tight....they have only started. They are moving all the CONUS stuff off to spotbeams first in order to kick the other spotbeams on. Then we will start to see the new markets come to light. It's more than just flipping some switches, lots of work to bring the locals to you.

I'm seeing an awful lot of eastern cities going up on 129 lately - is the Eastern Arc plan history?

Mario
Eastern Arc is just getting started, lots more to come. Dish will put as many markets as possible on both arcs to get more customers with line of sight issues.

Looks like I'll be "moving" from Chicago to Albuquerque while waiting for a Montana spotbeam to become available. I probably missed the uplink report, but is there any word on when the Missoula or Bozeman/Butte DMA's will be available in HD.

Dish will put as many markets as possible on both arcs to get more customers with line of sight issues.

Dish has never said that, and I doubt that is their plan.

Between Eastern Arc and Western Arc, they barely have enough space for all the markets they need to add in the next 4 years.

I wouldn't say ouch. ;) I'd say NICE! Regaining that CONUS space with the efficient use of spotbeams for locals.

We still have the following markets CONUS on 129:

Albuquerque, NM
Salt Lake City, UT
Wausau, WI
Nashville, TN
Los Angeles, CA
Sioux City, IA
San Angelo, TX
Abilene, TX

Get 'em out the way so more HD LILs can come online!

When are they gonna more the Los Angeles channels over to spot beam??

it's the 2nd largest DMA!....

I guess they they figure they are going to be getting a lot of calls from people who "moved".... so are they waiting to move this one last so as to not flood their call center while transitioning other cities?

Does the Northeast have any spot beams pointed at it or are they leaving the east to 61.5?

There a few beams pointed in the NE. Like I said before...just about the whole US is covered with 129 beams. Not sure about Maine.

When are they gonna more the Los Angeles channels over to spot beam??

it's the 2nd largest DMA!....

I guess they they figure they are going to be getting a lot of calls from people who "moved".... so are they waiting to move this one last so as to not flood their call center while transitioning other cities?

Only Dish knows when they are going to move it. Why would they wait? They have other markets waiting to fire up next week. Time to get things out of the way and this week is the week to do it.

There shouldn't be any issues moving it. It covers the DMA quite nicely. And only the people located in that DMA are the ones watching the channels right? ;)

Just for reference..they didn't play around with transitioning over the New York, NY DMA to spotbeam so I don't expect them to stall for Los Angeles.

Digi, is there a link or a central database that we can view that has all of the different spotbeams and Nelson's links?

Looks like I'll be "moving" from Chicago to Albuquerque while waiting for a Montana spotbeam to become available. I probably missed the uplink report, but is there any word on when the Missoula or Bozeman/Butte DMA's will be available in HD.

Careful there. Albuquerque will probably be spot by the end of the week

Hope someone from Dish network is reading this thread.

If they move the LA HD off of CONUS and there are no more options for "movers" they are going to lose a lot their highest paying customers.

This is the reason a lot people have E* rather than D*.. Dish -pay attention, quit while you are ahead. You have already moved Denver and Chicago. Cease and desist.