2 - 9241's and one 3100 on same dish?

fallsilent

Jan 16, 2011
Toronto
Hello,

I'm new here and was wondering if anyone could help me?

I currently have one bell 9241 HD pvr and two bell 3100 receivers hooked up at my house. I have just bought another 9241 HD pvr and ould like to replace one of my 3100's with it.

Could someone please help me out with the configuration? I have two lines going into my 9241 but only one line into each of the 3100's, if i replace one of the 3100's with my new 9241 where do I get the second line from?

Please help as I'm confused!!!

Thanks you in advance!

GC

What type of LNB is it? (the 2 dual LNB's or a Twin which is one giant LNB)
Is there a switch involved?

If you are using the older setup (2 duals and a SW44) you will have to upgrade the setup. There are a couple ways of doing it
-Swap the LNB to a DishPro Twin and get either a DPP33 or DPP44 switch. The DPP (DishProPlus) allows you to use a dish pro separator so you only need one line to the 9241's.
-Swap to a DishPro Twin and use a couple DP34 switches. They may be cheaper and can be cascaded together but then you need 2 lines for each of the 9241's

or the other way (if possible)...since the 3100 is only a SD receiver just slap up a 2nd dish aimed at 91W and use it for the 3100

What type of LNB is it? (the 2 dual LNB's or a Twin which is one giant LNB)
Is there a switch involved?

If you are using the older setup (2 duals and a SW44) you will have to upgrade the setup. There are a couple ways of doing it
-Swap the LNB to a DishPro Twin and get either a DPP33 or DPP44 switch. The DPP (DishProPlus) allows you to use a dish pro separator so you only need one line to the 9241's.
-Swap to a DishPro Twin and use a couple DP34 switches. They may be cheaper and can be cascaded together but then you need 2 lines for each of the 9241's

or the other way (if possible)...since the 3100 is only a SD receiver just slap up a 2nd dish aimed at 91W and use it for the 3100

Yes, it's the old set up with two LNB's and an SW44 switch. So I'm assuming if I get the DPP44 and a couple of Dish Pro Separators that will be the easiest way to do it? That way I can run the 4 lines off the LNB's into the DPP44, then out of the DPP44 run 2 lines into each Dish Pro Separator and then voila!! Single lines out of the separator to each 9241? Then of course just a line off the DPP44 straight to the SD 3100 receiver?

Is this right? or am I missing something?

Thanks again for you help.

GC

you would have to switch the LNB's out too since they are considered Legacy and you need DishPro...lemme draw up a setup and post it

here is the pic

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 440
Simplest/cheapest thing to do would be to just order a DishProPlus Twin and a couple Seperator's (1 for each 9200). That will allow you to have 3 boxes hooked up.
The DishProPlus Twin has 3 outputs, and eliminates the need for an external switch.
The Seperators allow only 1 cable run to a dual tuner reciever when used in combination with a DishProPlus switch and/or lnb.

You order what you need from dishstore.net
DishProPlus Twin - $38.99
Seperator - $6.50/ea

Why Bell has not upgraded to DishProPlus (or even DishPro) no one seems to fathom.

A DPP Twin only has two outputs so it wouldn't work for the OP. Bell has started using DPP Twins fyi. But for more than two receivers they still use the SW44.

A DPP Twin only has two outputs so it wouldn't work for the OP. Bell has started using DPP Twins fyi. But for more than two receivers they still use the SW44.
You're right. For some reason I had it confused with a DPP 1000 lnb.

I'd still get a DPP Twin over a normal DP Twin, as the cost difference ($5.00) is neglible, and allows more flexibility in the future.
For 3 recievers then, a DPP33 ($34.00) or DPP44 ($79.00) will be needed.

you cant use a DPP Twin and a DPP44 together. I've heard they dont work properly with a Dish system....so a Bell system it probably would blow up ;)

you cant use a DPP Twin and a DPP44 together. I've heard they dont work properly with a Dish system....so a Bell system it probably would blow up ;)

I've been using a DPP Twin with a DPP44 on Bell for a couple years now, no problems.
Used to do the same with Dish until I switched to Eastern Arc (currently feeding the 1000.4 into the DPP44).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts