2 Boston teams down, 1 to go in 09

I don't see anything wrong with taking delight in the demise of a rival team. That is what sports is partially about. As a Dodgers fan I love to see the Giants do bad and I know most Giants fans feel the same about the Dodgers (as they should).

But in this case, I don't know if it's a case of his team vs Boston, I think it's just his dislike for Boston ....

I don't see anything wrong with taking delight in the demise of a rival team. That is what sports is partially about. As a Dodgers fan I love to see the Giants do bad and I know most Giants fans feel the same about the Dodgers (as they should).

I agree.....I HATE alot of teams....and though I do not gloat when they lose, I do enjoy them losing. But I must admit, I do NOT enjoy them losing when they are a terrible team....there is no fun in that. I HATE the Knicks and Notre Dame....but I do not take any joy in them losing now because they are not very good. The NBA is not as much fun when the Knicks suck....the same can be said about college football when Notre Dame sucks.

I agree.....I HATE alot of teams....and though I do not gloat when they lose, I do enjoy them losing. But I must admit, I do NOT enjoy them losing when they are a terrible team....there is no fun in that. I HATE the Knicks and Notre Dame....but I do not take any joy in them losing now because they are not very good. The NBA is not as much fun when the Knicks suck....the same can be said about college football when Notre Dame sucks.

What about when the Chiefs and Broncos?

As a Raider fan, surely the rivalry is not the same when they're down.

I agree with that, but there's a BIG difference.

YOU post here no matter if the Raiders, Marlins and Heat are winning or losing. Same for those teams rivals. IOW, you show your face if the Broncos beat the Raiders.

The ones that START these threads (like I said before, there have been others) are no where to be found in this forum, that is UNTIL the team they hate gets knocked out. That's pretty lame if you ask me. :rolleyes:

YOU post here no matter if the Raiders, Marlins and Heat are winning or losing. Same for those teams rivals. IOW, you show your face if the Broncos beat the Raiders.

The ones that START these threads (like I said before, there have been others) are no where to be found in this forum, that is UNTIL the team they hate gets knocked out. That's pretty lame if you ask me. :rolleyes:

i agree:up i've never seen salsa gloat over something like this.

Thanks Bill. I show my face, whether my teams win or get pummeled and I have never, EVER been the "HA, your team got their lunch handed to them" type of guy.

Believe me...and EVERYONE knows this...your team or teams WILL got through a string of seasons that EVERYTHING will go wrong MORE than your teams getting everything going right. I got through tougher runs because my teams are so sporadic do to all the moving I have done....I mean I have lived most of my life in Miami and I HATE the Dolphins....LOL! I lived in Chicago and I HATED the Bears...sames goes when when I lived my 20s in upstate NY, I HATED the Bills! LOL! Go figure....

Believe me...and EVERYONE knows this...your team or teams WILL got through a string of seasons that EVERYTHING will go wrong MORE than your teams getting everything going right.

Do I EVER know what you're talking about! :eek:

Yes, for the most part, Boston teams have had success THIS DECADE, but in the late 90's a local talk show host dubbed Boston "Loserville".

The Celtics sucked!

The Bruins sucked!

The Patriots sucked! (The Pete Carroll Error)

The Red Sox were alright. They even came back from a 2-0 deficit to defeat the Indians in the 1999 ALDS, but a realist knew those Sox teams would not ever get by those Yankees teams.

Yes, for the most part, Boston teams have had success THIS DECADE, but in the late 90's a local talk show host dubbed Boston "Loserville".

The Celtics sucked!

The Bruins sucked!

The Red Sox were alright. They even came back from a 2-0 deficit to defeat the Indians in the 1999 ALDS, but a realist knew those Sox teams would not ever get by those Yankees teams.

That is why you should NEVER, EVER make too much of the highs....and never make too much of the lows. Fans that have HAD teams WIN championships and sucked know this very well my friend!:up

The Celtics sucked!

The Bruins sucked!

Sure makes it sweeter when you're back on top though. IF, and that's a mighty big IF, the Lions scale the mountain and win a SB, it will be like 1968 with the Tigers, 1997 with the Red Wings, 1989 with the Piston's, for me. Those first championships in your life are always the ones you remember the most.

That is why you should NEVER, EVER make too much of the highs....and never make too much of the lows. Fans that have HAD teams WIN championships and sucked know this very well my friend!:up

Bzzzzz. (to the tune of the Family Feud buzzer)

Why not live it up during the highs, knowing full well they won't last forever? You only live once. Why stay even kiel throughout life. That sounds boring.

HEHE, this thread still alive. Too bad the Celtics and Bruins aren't.

Oh one more note I did not mention, wonder how the fans feel that both games 7's loses were at home.. LOL

Why not live it up during the highs, knowing full well they won't last forever? You only live once. Why stay even kiel throughout life. That sounds boring.

Exactly. That was good advice for the players, not the fans. This is what it's all about for the fans - getting all crazy and enjoying the moment. They can be far and few inbetween. Enjoy it Matt. It's not like you're going to kill yourself if they don't win. Is it?:D

Exactly. That was good advice for the players, not the fans. This is what it's all about for the fans - getting all crazy and enjoying the moment. They can be far and few inbetween. Enjoy it Matt. It's not like you're going to kill yourself if they don't win. Is it?:D

I can warn the hell out of everyone here that when one of my teams wins a championship...........

I'm going the whole 9-yards. Streaking, running in the streets, completely getting buck-nutty!!!!!!!! ;) :eek: :D

Screw even kiel. I'm gonna party like it's 1999!

I think differently because the teams I root for HAVE won championships.

BUUUUZZZZZZZ!!! Sorry.....I have lived it up when they won....not to the tune of writing letters to MVPs and professing you want to have their love child...but I have enjoyed when my favorite teams have won. But then I have seen when my teams have sucked. Everything is in cycles young man.....;)

I think differently because the teams I root for HAVE won championships.

BUUUUZZZZZZZ!!! Sorry.....I have lived it up when they won....not to the tune of writing letters to MVPs and professing you want to have their love child...but I have enjoyed when my favorite teams have won. But then I have seen when my teams have sucked. Everything is in cycles young man.....;)

When does the Detroit Lion's cycle come back around?

Signed - "Dazed" Lion fan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)