2 D12-700 within IR line-of-sight

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Agonizing Fury

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 22, 2008
Hello, I have a friend who just switched to DirecTV and has a problem with 2 of his D12-700 receivers both getting commands from each other's remotes. They are both located in different rooms (Family and Livingroom) that are not seperated by walls or doors, so when you channel up on one, the other one changes channels. I know with E* receivers you can set up to 16 unique codes for the IR remotes (actually it's 32 if you know what you are doing) to prevent this problem, but I really have no clue about DirecTV's equipment. The remotes are model RC64. Is there any way (other than completely re-arranging the two rooms) to fix this problem? Thanks in advance for your help.

Go into menu/settings/setup, and then scroll down to remote. In there, go to receiver mode, and change the mode from Directv to AV1 or AV2. From there, you will need to have the remote reprogrammed. Keep the remote on the Directv button, and hold mute and select for 5 seconds. Try the following remote codes, as they should allow the two receivers to operate on two different IR frequencies. 00002, 00003. This should only need to be done to one receiver and remote, and make sure the other receiver is shut off/unplugged to avoid programming both on accident.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)