2 Dishes, cable maintenance and DHPP

Thor263

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
Twin Cities, MN
I'm in the Minneapolis/St Paul area and current have 2 dishes -- one pointed at 110/119 and another pointed at 129. The need for 2 dishes occurred when I could not get a strong enough signal from 129 from one dish when upgrading to HD a few years ago. This year most of the cable connectors on the outside of our house have broken (at various times -- probably domino effect) so much of the cable is hanging down. I don't have the ladders to fix it myself (on an install I didn't do), so I would rather have a Dish technician fix it.

Now my questions relate to the fact that I need to have the cables reattached. Since the Minneapolis/St Paul market is transitioning to Eastern Arc (I believe), would they be changing my 2 dish setup to one dish setup? I should have a clear line of sight for this. I also currently do not have have DHPP, so should I get it before I do anything else? Any other options I should consider?

Thanks!

Well I'm not sure about the dish setup question, but any truck roll will be $15 with DHPP, and $95 without. So if you plan on having someone out, I would recommend getting on the DHPP.

3HaloODST said:
Well I'm not sure about the dish setup question, but any truck roll will be $15 with DHPP, and $95 without. So if you plan on having someone out, I would recommend getting on the DHPP.

Just be aware of the 25 dollare cancellation fee now in effect. Still cheaper than a 95 dollar truck roll.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts