2 Dish's with no place to go

toddhawk

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 4, 2008
Lancaster, WI
Good morning. I rented an apartment last year waiting for my house in my old venue to sell so I could be in my new venue. They installed 2 Dishes. Per my rental agreement, I had to remove the 2 Dish's when I moved 2 months a go. I moved 20 miles and they installed an all new black 1000.4 dish. One is a Dish 500 and the other is a TurboHD dish - both gray. They have the LNBs and cables and they're like new (used 9 months and look great). I have NO USE whatsoever for them and they're taking up space in my garage. The installer didn't want them (said they weren't using that type) and I contacted DISH and no one seems to want them. I'd sell them but I have no idea who would want them or how to find these people. Any advice on how to get rid of them? I live near Fort Wayne, Indiana. Thanks:)
Todd

If dish has confirmed they don't want the LNBs back toss em up on craigslist or someone here may pipe up and take em.

If dish has confirmed they don't want the LNBs back toss em up on craigslist or someone here may pipe up and take em.
That's why I wanted to post before I got rid of them. I've called both DISH and talked to the installer. I would've thought they AT LEAST wanted the LNBs. As far as I can see, these do not exist anymore in the DISH world - for people like me that had to remove everything, there is nothing out there for reclaiming old equipment. I was told on this forum a month a go that the installer would probably love to have them but we had 3 installers (2 for the original, 1 for a follow-up on something that was missed) and none of them wanted them. They all said they don't use them anymore. I'm not trying to steal from DISH - just want them out of my garage.
Todd

I'm assuming the OP did a dish mover, which in that case we do not ask that you take the dish with you (I understand the apt complex made you take them), or return the LNB's.

The only time we ask for the LNB back is when services are canceled (LNBs, remotes, and receivers need to come back). So if you canceled, and started new service at a new location, the LNBs would need to come back.

Otherwise, if they are sold, put in the trash, used as a sled, etc., we won't charge you for not returning them.

Zach checked into this for me (thanks Zach) and was unable to get DISH to send me boxes to send back the LNBs. So I guess either Craigslist or EBAY is the next stop. Anyone on here want them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts