2 Features Id love to See

Jkauf55

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
Nashville, TN
1) id love to see the Guide color coordinated something like the pic where normal programming in Blue, Sports in Green and Movies in Purple!

comcast-guide.jpg

2) While on the guide and you hit info on the screen and it gives you the description of that particular show id be nice to show at beginning "NEW" for new shows/ series and "REPEAT" for shows that are Re-Runs!!!

comcast.jpg

I know pics from comcast but its a general idea on what im talking about!!!

1) id love to see the Guide color coordinated something like the pic where normal programming in Blue, Sports in Green and Movies in Purple!

comcast-guide.jpg

2) While on the guide and you hit info on the screen and it gives you the description of that particular show id be nice to show at beginning "NEW" for new shows/ series and "REPEAT" for shows that are Re-Runs!!!

comcast.jpg

It has been reported that a new HD guide is in the works by DirecTV.;)

comcast-guide.jpg

comcast.jpg

This is a very old idea, they used this type of guide coding back in the late '90's on the old Hughes units.

Yes, it would be nice, but not new.

prioritizer issue

I just upgraded to HR23-700. The prioritizer only holds 50. My old DSR700 held 100. Any way to get 100 without purchaseing another reciever?

I'd like it if DirecTV would add a sleep timer to its boxes. I have the HD DVR (HR-21), and it has no sleep timer.

Here's a another feature that would be very helpful for recording, being able to record repeatedly same channel,same time slot and same program from the Guide and not have to do it manually. FIOS can do it, when I had Time Warner it would do it and my Replay TV DVR's still do it even hooked to the D-12 box. Comcast can't do it either.

Ah well, I much prefer the Tivo guide, but so what.
TiVO has the worst guide of all. First, the program is hidden behind the guide instead of putting it in a nice little box in the corner. Second, there is no mini guide option. Third, there is no 12 hour or something similar skip. Fourth, there is absolutely no color coordination of any sort. Fifth, there are way too many folders to navigate through in order to set up something.

I'd like it if DirecTV would add a sleep timer to its boxes. I have the HD DVR (HR-21), and it has no sleep timer.

Heck i would love for DTV receivers to have a digital clock display in there units. Like comcast. Im having to use alarm clocks by them to see what time it is.

Here's a another feature that would be very helpful for recording, being able to record repeatedly same channel,same time slot and same program from the Guide and not have to do it manually. FIOS can do it, when I had Time Warner it would do it and my Replay TV DVR's still do it even hooked to the D-12 box. Comcast can't do it either.

And this feature is good because you could copy the same program for who?.:confused:

Maybe that's why Comcast is more expensive?.We have to press the Guide or Info button to see the Day and Time in the upper lefthand corner.;)

And there is also the hassle to turn the TV on too just to see the time so it costs $$$ in electricity if all you wanted to do is check the time.

The feature I would like is with Media Share, make it support "trick play" controls in playback as all one can do is play and stop, all the other functions don't work with Media Servers.

And there is also the hassle to turn the TV on too just to see the time so it costs $$$ in electricity if all you wanted to do is check the time.

The feature I would like is with Media Share, make it support "trick play" controls in playback as all one can do is play and stop, all the other functions don't work with Media Servers.

If someone does that just to see the time then some adjustments in the home would need to be made as I wear a watch my wireless phone has a builtin clock,and we have 5 clocks in the livingroom and kitchen(that includes the microwave).;)

My hope is that DirecTV quits or eliminates some of the broadband features and concentrates on fixing the DVR features that do not work right(like Channels I Get?) before they decide to add any other features.:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)