2 HD Services

ericdo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 23, 2006
Hey guys I was thinking about adding Dish Network for the Voom channels. Would I be able to have Cablevision & Dish connected to one tv? Does anyone else currently do this?

This is simply amazing! Cablevision owns VOOM...if anyone was to offer the VOOM HD channels, you think it would be Cablevision. Especially since 75% of the HDNews, Ultra, and Gallery events appear to be recorded in the greater NYC area.:confused:

I go only image that Dolan gave exclusive rights to E* for at least the first year.:confused:

Not even one stinking Monsters HD or other stand alone channel. I'm befuddled!:confused:

riffjim4069 said:
This is simply amazing! Cablevision owns VOOM...if anyone was to offer the VOOM HD channels, you think it would be Cablevision. Especially since 75% of the HDNews, Ultra, and Gallery events appear to be recorded in the greater NYC area.:confused:

I go only image that Dolan gave exclusive rights to E* for at least the first year.:confused:

Not even one stinking Monsters HD or other stand alone channel. I'm befuddled!:confused:

They are coming but it will take sometime. I do not know the details but they will be on CV. No details why not now.

ericdo said:
Hey guys I was thinking about adding Dish Network for the Voom channels. Would I be able to have Cablevision & Dish connected to one tv? Does anyone else currently do this?
Sure, why not. I used to have both Adelphia and Dish. Since my TV set only has one DVI input, I connected Dish via DVI and the cable box via component input.

Ok I called Dish and they told me all they have to do is add a cable splitter and hook it up to my coponent 2 since I already use one. It sounds pretty easy. I am just going to order the Bronze HD. You get the basic channels and 23 HD channels including all the Voom. I am going to get the no commitment because it is rumoured the Cablevison may add the Voom HD channels in the future. An emplyee said the they were listed in the 1000's on the test boxes. If Cablevision adds them of course I will drop the dish. The service will be 49.99 a month with a 98.00 one time fee. Not to bad.

I am sure you've done your research, you'll need 2 dishes set up, one for 61.5 and a Dish 500 for the 110/119 satellite. And at my folks house, we have CV, D* and E* (Bronze HD w/locals). Can't have enough HD channels, lol! If you have an HDMI input on your tv you should be able to hook your Vip 211 with an HDMI cable, but one does not come with the receiver. Anyway, good luck with your install.

ericdo said:
I am going to get the no commitment because it is rumoured the Cablevison may add the Voom HD channels in the future.

Be careful with the "No Commitment." Sometimes there is still an early termination fee. Read the contract well.

I called Dish and made an appointment for this Saturday. They told me I am getting the Dish 1000. I only have to have 1 dish to get all the HD pogramming. I signed up for the HD silver.

ericdo said:
I called Dish and made an appointment for this Saturday. They told me I am getting the Dish 1000. I only have to have 1 dish to get all the HD pogramming. I signed up for the HD silver.

If I were you I would call back and make sure they know your location. You need two dishes, Dish 500 & a dish at 61.5, or else you are going to risk losing HD (low signal level) off the 129 Sat, since it's so low in elevation. In the NE, 61.5 is needed for the HD since it's much higher in elevation and if you ever choose to get locals in HD, you'll need 61.5 as well. Good luck.

Edit: Here is the Dish 1000 exclusion map. Note the NE not being in the 129 footprint.

http://ekb.dbstalk.com/pictures/Dish1000Exclusions.jpg

Dish1000Exclusions.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the map. I did call again and they said the 1 dish will work even in my area. It will pick up all 3 sattelite signals needed for me to get the HD silver package. If for some reason they do come with two I can have to send the tech away. My building only allows one. I spoke to three different people and they said that the dish 500 only needs two dishes in my area. Plus I am not getting locals. I don't know if that changes anything

CellPhone Interference with Motorola PVR

OTARD/Association question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)