2 HD TV's on vip622!

jpesc

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2006
I have a vip 622 setup for 2 rooms, I plan on buying another hd tv, how do i connect 2 hd tv's or can I connect, If not off the 622 is there another way to see hd content on 2 tv's off dish network

Thanks

The 622 is HD and DVR for one TV only. The TV2 only gets a SD down-convert and DVR. If you want HD on the second TV, you either need another box, or you can run either component or HDMI depending on what you have available still. However, you will have to watch the same content on both TVs. The 612 looks like a good idea for you right about now.

If you don't need to view different channels at the same time just hook up the TV by the receiver with component & audio cables and run a HDMI cable to the 2nd HDTV. All the outputs are hot at the same time on your receiver. Don't get ripped off on cables! Get 'em from monoprice.com , great prices and fast shipping.

Ed

I've been running two HDTVs off of one ViP622 for a year now. It works great. I can access all my recordings on one box. No need to set separate timers or worry about which box has which program you want to watch. I can also use my external drive on the ViP on both TVs as well.

I have the ViP box in the basement hooked up to TV1 (50" plasma) via HDMI. I have TV2 (32" LCD) in the bedroom hooked up with 100' of component (+L/R audio) AND coax. 95% of the time the TVs aren't in use at the same time. I run the box at these times in single (mirrored) mode. For the other 5% of the time, my wife or daughter can just watch the SD feed on the coax in dual mode. Works like a charm!

I've been running two HDTVs off of one ViP622 for a year now. It works great. I can access all my recordings on one box. No need to set separate timers or worry about which box has which program you want to watch. I can also use my external drive on the ViP on both TVs as well.

I have the ViP box in the basement hooked up to TV1 (50" plasma) via HDMI. I have TV2 (32" LCD) in the bedroom hooked up with 100' of component (+L/R audio) AND coax. 95% of the time the TVs aren't in use at the same time. I run the box at these times in single (mirrored) mode. For the other 5% of the time, my wife or daughter can just watch the SD feed on the coax in dual mode. Works like a charm!

Except they need to run down to the basement and switch to dual mode, no? Is there a way to switch modes via the remote?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)