2 HDDVRs in 1 Room...Can remote address be changed?

Larry

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Sep 13, 2003
Southern California
Picture this...2 HDDVRs sitting side by side and connected to a common HDTV (for those times when there are 3 or 4 things to watch or record at the same time).

Is there a way to change the address of one box and remote (like you can with satellite TV boxes)? I wouldn't want to change the channel on one box and have it also change the channel on a box that is recording 2 programs.

BTW, I'm in Pinellas Co.

Thanks for the response. It wasn't what I wanted to hear, but it's pretty much what I expected. I have a piece of powder painted aluminum that I had bent up to put in front of the DVR that I'm not watching (from when I was with BHN a few years ago). I guess I'll have to dig it out and use it if I switch back to BHN. The wife acceptance factor for this method is hovering somewhere around zero. :D

Perhaps is it possible to put the dvrs in different locations? Or a remote sensor somewhere else? Perhaps cover the face of one DVR and use a remote extender to put the reader say on another wall. So you point the remote at wall A for the first DVR and at the DVR itself for the second DVR.

I guess I'll just use my piece of aluminum again. It's big enough to do a good job of blocking the ir and as far as I'm concerned it really doesn't look all that bad.