2 HDTV's with a 622 or 722???

old corps

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 13, 2005
Mid-Michigan
I'm considering getting another HDTV and connecting it via HDMI while the other HDTV at the receiver is connected via component. Just wanna make sure this is correct before I do this. I'll be able to view HD (same channel/mirrored) on both TV's in SINGLE mode. If I need to use DUAL mode I'll get SD and downgraded HD (480i) just as I do now via the TV2 coax. This is using the appropriate input on the new HDTV in either case. I can continue to use my existing 6.3 UHF remote in the remote location just as I have. RIGHT???:confused:

Appreciate any help/comments. Thanks!

Ed

Thanks for the reply Randall, appreciate it. Sure didn't wanna spend the $$$ on another HDTV only to find out I screwed up and it wouldn't work.

Ed

Except one thing:

In dual mode the UHF remote will control only TV2. That means while on HDMI input (TV1) you will not be able to switch channels. But you can switch channels when you are in TV2 coax input.

Except one thing:

In dual mode the UHF remote will control only TV2. That means while on HDMI input (TV1) you will not be able to switch channels. But you can switch channels when you are in TV2 coax input.[

Ahh thanks! Didn't think of that!

Thanks Randall for the link!

Ed

I'm considering getting another HDTV and connecting it via HDMI while the other HDTV at the receiver is connected via component. Just wanna make sure this is correct before I do this. I'll be able to view HD (same channel/mirrored) on both TV's in SINGLE mode. If I need to use DUAL mode I'll get SD and downgraded HD (480i) just as I do now via the TV2 coax. This is using the appropriate input on the new HDTV in either case. I can continue to use my existing 6.3 UHF remote in the remote location just as I have. RIGHT???:confused:

Appreciate any help/comments. Thanks!

Ed
I was going to do the same but I'm not sure how long you can run hdmi, does anybody know what the limit in feet is before you lose some signal. thanks

I do exactly this with two HDTV's. I have one in the living room and the other in the adjoining dining room. I am set on single mode and both remotes work just fine. The programming is mirrored as previously stated. I have 20 feet of HDMI cable running from the DVR in the living room to the dining room HDTV. No problems at all.

I do exactly this with two HDTV's. I have one in the living room and the other in the adjoining dining room. I am set on single mode and both remotes work just fine. The programming is mirrored as previously stated. I have 20 feet of HDMI cable running from the DVR in the living room to the dining room HDTV. No problems at all.

Thanks for the reply John. After I thought about it awhile (I'm old & senile) I should be fine with the UHF remote as long as I'm in SINGLE mode at the 2nd TV on HDMI. By that I mean I'll be able to change channels, etc. with it and view HD as long as I'm on the HDMI input on the TV. If we need to use DUAL mode then I would change to the appropriate input on the 2nd TV and view everything in SD (480i) via the TV2 coax, controlling the receiver with the remote as I do now. CORRECT???
The HDMI run won't be any more than 25'.

THANKS AGAIN!

Ed

i'm pretty sure that you can run up to 44 feet for hdmi/dvi. you can get a coupler that amplifies the signal but i don't know how many times you can do this?

I would need at least 75 feet or maybe the 90 foot lenght that is sold already made. anybody know if that would be too long.