mind boggling 622?

chucksrt

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
Bensalem, pa
I have a 622 and tv1 is my HDTV rear projection 57" hitachi and tv2 is my bedroom tv (plain jane tv) but since i got my 622 it has been turning my hdtv on in the middle of the night? My wife wakes up around 3-4am to find the living room tv on. I called dish and they don't know what to make of it? The 622 is set to update at 3am and I think it has something to do with it? Now when I had my 811 it was normal except when I had the Tv off and reset the receiver by holding the power button, when I released the button and the box powered back up it would turn my tv on at that time? the 622 does the same thing but now it does it at around 3am too!? has anyone run in to this? dish said that my tv must be going into standby mode? The tv is 5yrs. old and I only have component cables from the 622 to the tv and reading the manual for the tv, it does not mention a standby mode? I have tried different sequences of turning the tv and receiver off and have even turned the tv off when it is set to another input but come the middle of the night the tv is on and it is set back to the input that the 622 uses??????

If you suspect the ViP622, try unplugging it in the late evening one night. If the TV comes on anyway, you've eliminated the ViP622 as the source of your problem.

I'd be looking for a timer on the TV itself.

If you suspect the ViP622, try unplugging it in the late evening one night. If the TV comes on anyway, you've eliminated the ViP622 as the source of your problem.

I'd be looking for a timer on the TV itself.

I'll try unplugging it tonight, but it only started happening after the 622 was installed?

I have a 57" Hitachi RPTV as well. If it's like mine, there is an option in the menu on the TV to auto on the TV if a source is turned on. In other words, I have an Xbox360 on input 2, I can turn on the Xbox and the TV will detect it and auto on. But on mine, you can turn off that feature in the menu.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts