2 Hopper, 2 Joey Setup

jtoo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2013
Maine
Hi all,

Is it possible to setup 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys on the same account, but the two are isolated from each other? My setup now is that I have 2 722k's both running to an extra TV via composite cables. My wife's 722 is wired to the two rooms she typically watches TV in and mine to the two rooms I typically watch TV in. Reason this is important, my wife likes her shows I like mine and we like our two 722 setup to keep our DVR recordings separate. She wants recordings of NHL games cluttering up her DVR list about as much I as I want HGTV shows cluttering up mine. Anyway, we're thinking of upgrading, but aren't sure if we can keep things the same way, so I thought I'd ask. Any help would be appreciated.

J

As long as Dish still allows 2 Hopper2s as an upgrade.

Not sure if they do that anymore with the release of the Hopper3.

But if you are worried about cluttered recordings, you can create a folder.

Also 2 Hopper 2s aren't all they are cracked up to be with the New UI.

2 Hopper 3s can't be under the same account currently.

H3 and folders for the win !! you can set the timers to dump the recordings into folders on its own.
joey for locations you want controlled viewing. (or analog with a 40,50, or 52 remote)

you will loose the composite tv2, the hopper doesn't have the modulator built in like the 722k does. also the analog out of the H3 will mirror the hdmi output, so 1 program at a time.
my 722k setup used a modulator off the tv2, so it gave 2 different shows as output from the box. i have my modulator on the H3, but its only 1 output for hdmi and analog. my bathroom and exercise room is on the analog output( smart tv with antenna in workout room)

LOVE !!!!!! the H3 after years and years with a 722k. no recording conflicts, no shows cut off at the end or beginning, better picture quality, video on demand, Trailers,
should have done this months ago !!

hope this helps

had a 722k, 612, 211, all with OTA added.

Reactions: charlesrshell
H3 and folders for the win !! you can set the timers to dump the recordings into folders on its own.
joey for locations you want controlled viewing. (or analog with a 40,50, or 52 remote)

you will loose the composite tv2, the hopper doesn't have the modulator built in like the 722k does. also the analog out of the H3 will mirror the hdmi output, so 1 program at a time.
my 722k setup used a modulator off the tv2, so it gave 2 different shows as output from the box. i have my modulator on the H3, but its only 1 output for hdmi and analog. my bathroom and exercise room is on the analog output( smart tv with antenna in workout room)

LOVE !!!!!! the H3 after years and years with a 722k. no recording conflicts, no shows cut off at the end or beginning, better picture quality, video on demand, Trailers,
should have done this months ago !!

hope this helps

had a 722k, 612, 211, all with OTA added.
So are you saying the H3 does a better job not cutiing off the end or beginning of recordings? Have you added any start early or end late minutes to your timers?

So are you saying the H3 does a better job not cutiing off the end or beginning of recordings? Have you added any start early or end late minutes to your timers?

H3 does not cut off the end or beginning because it uses a different tuner for each recording. There are no longer any conflicts in the schedule also.

Reactions: charlesrshell
this months new software release will be coming on the 20th or 21st so who knows whats coming

this months new software release will be coming on the 20th or 21st so who knows whats coming
Just because some CSR told somebody on this site that a new software release would be coming on the 20th or 21st doesn't make it true. You should know by now, Allen, that CSRs are clueless as to these things. They say this stuff to get you off the line so they can move on to the next blue sky... ;)

Reactions: trojan67 and KAB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)