2 Hopper 2 Joey System one hopper can purchase VOD fine one cannot but Internet works on both

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Hightech

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Midwest
Ok, new to the hopper and joey system but not new to technology, I work in IT for a living so on the network connectivity side I know whats going on, here is my issue, my living room hopper the wife wanted to rent a VOD movie, problem is it goes immediatly to the call 1 888 number for customer service, which by the way they cannot do for VOD only PPV, called support they cant figure it out, I should add my blockbuster on demand (which uses the internet connection) works just fine on this hopper, to make things even stranger, my other hopper purchased this movie just fine. the issue here is the one that isnt working is connected to 73" tv and the other a 42, wife doesnt want to watch on the little one, lol. Anyway, i switched the wireless adaptors around just in case it was an issue, since on the hopper with the issue is a wireless bridge and the hopper that worked is a dish approved netgear usb wireless adaptor, but no change, same results. hoping someone has seen this issue and can help, because dish support could not.

thank you

If you turn bridging on in one of your Hoppers (makes your ethernet network visible on your MoCA network) you only need one internet connection for your entire setup. This is actually the preferred method for many. What I would do is remove the internet access from the one that does not work and then turn on bridging in the one that works (the steps for this is found in numerous threads here).

Ok, setup with bridge now, and same exact result, the one hopper will not purchase ppv or vod, but blockbuster on demand works just fine. almost like the one hopper is defective in some way, both have same firmware.

Have you tried engaging a DIRT member to see if they can look into it? If you have connection for some applications but not others it definitely sounds like something that should be reported to them. If they dont have an answer for you they can open a report with their engineering team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)