VIP 211K question

brose1958

Original poster
Feb 28, 2010
Bainbridge, GA
I have a VIP 211K receiver with an activation pay as you go account.
If I do not purchase dish programming for a month will I still be able to watch local OTA channels through the receiver?

Brad

Add the Welcome pack for $14.99 a month and you can get ota as well as satellite delivered locals in HD and a few other random channels from all there programming packs in Sd. If you want dvr capability with your 211k , add an external hard drive and pay the one time $40.00 fee and your all set. One ota & one sat channel can both be recorded at a time. No monthly dvr fee.

Thanks guys for the info. Was just curious whether it would work or not as I am currently rewiring my home theater setup. My old zenith 32" CRT HDTV ready TV does not have an ATSC tuner so I will hook up my tuner box to a separate input for the future just in case. TV, entertainment center, dvd player, vcr, audio system, (etc.) weighs about 400 lbs. It is an all day project to pull it away from the wall, figure out which wire goes where, and put it all back in place. Needless to say I don't like to do it very often!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)