2 hopper 3 setup questions?

tsunami2311

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 3, 2017
NJ
So bout year and half ago I bought 2nd hopper 3 to add to my account so i have 2 h3 and 2 4k Joey setup with a power inserter via

The 2 times I had dish come out to "re align" my dish, they look at that set up and said it was wrong set up for 2 h3 system proceeded to tear it down for "newer" setup that dont use power inserter half hour later they scratch head why it not work for both boxes, they call bunch other techs hour later and they told "newer" setup is supposed to work but it dont for some reason and put back ther above setup. this happen twice and each time after they told use original setup they wired everything back wrong. which took me day to fiqure out they wired wrong cause I started have random issue went out to look at box and noticed the wrong joeys where wired to wrong h3 They are supposed to be H3A-Joey A and H3B- to Joey B they h3a and joeyb and h3b and joey a wired

Is there new setup for 2 h3 setup that dont require power inserter and that use newer lnbs?

I Also trying to fiqure out it power inserted being connected to other h3 I not connected to is cause signel issue on other h3 some channels are just randomly stoping and going and random pixaltion along with comettv being especial bad with parts of screen jumping and skipping but comet tv has been like this for almost year.

Never really had much any issue till last year, the dish was threw altest 2 hurricanes and take down for 1 but when remounted dish was fine. I think it might benfit from realignment but like to know before hand it there newer setup for 2 h3 system, if there isnt i wont even let them tear the dish down for new setup.

I never looked at the technical specs for the DPH42, but I would be shocked shocked if it doesn't require that power inserter.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I pretty sure if I pull the power inserted only one box works, but I can always check that out when no one is around,
I do know when I original got this setup, I had no issue what so ever, they all started in past year, which at that point the dish was left mounted threw 2 hurricanes, which is around about same time comet tv started have issue, but think comet tv issue or feed issue cause other reporting the same thing.

The random skip in video hear and there most channels started about same time, which i actual think is signal issue. I just wonder if setup i Have is the current setup for 2 hopper 3 setup, cause if it I wont even let them try if and when I call dish for 3rd aliment, not that I beleive they actual alligned anything the other 2 times, cause they pulled the lnb and switch that was there each time and left dish alone

pretty sure it was hybrid LNB the "tried" and it failed

one dish is feeding both, I can get picture of how it it setup as i not entirely sure off the top of my head, I want to say it one big switch in there and 2 smaller ones? Big one is feed a the 2 smaller switchs Host (A) Client (A) and Host (B) Client (B)

but I would actual have to look

pretty sure it was hybrid LNB the "tried" and it failed

one dish is feeding both, I can get picture of how it it setup as i not entirely sure off the top of my head, I want to say it one big switch in there and 2 smaller ones? Big one is feed a the 2 smaller switchs Host (A) Client (A) and Host (B) Client (B)

but I would actual have to look
Yes, the 42 switch is the big one and the other two are solo hybrid hubs.

Yah there is just 2 of those little switch, The big switch was used when it was just 1 h3 feeding 3 4 k joeys

B2=Hopper 3 #2 and B1= Joey #2 (I use this hopper for my joey)
LR=Hopper 3 #1 and MB= Joey #1 ( power insterted connected here between the cable line and the box)
White lines are from Dish
It been setup like since I first got it never had issue to recent. no clue if location of power insterter makes diffrence

Is this setup right? or wrong? or is there new setup? Like said Before I have tech come out 2 times prior they all said it was wrong tried diffrent and went back to this how it is right now is how I had initial setup, and tell 2 other that came out since then told me it wrong and try use diffrent setup

Every tech that has been out said dish dont " train people for 2 hopper 3 setup, and when they ask teach about it they tend to not want to talk about very few tech are train for it from what i been told by all the tech that came out

Attachments

• IMG_0457.JPG
    IMG_0457.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 175
If the 42 switch, the big one, was used when you had a single Hopper it was used because they wanted to use your existing LNB instead of a Hybrid LNB. A single Hopper can go either way whereas two Hoppers require the 42 switch and a non Hybrid LNB configuration.

so they setup I have is the correct setup, and there is no other setup known currently? so id tech come out says that is wrong I should not allow them, unless they know for fact it works cause they actual done it and seen it work?
If the 42 switch, the big one, was used when you had a single Hopper it was used because they wanted to use your existing LNB instead of a Hybrid LNB. A single Hopper can go either way whereas two Hoppers require the 42 switch and a non Hybrid LNB configuration.

Bobby

Have 1 dish no international channels just 250 package, Starz/Showtime/Movie package, Think I have sport package that give out people when they pulled MSG but i not sure that might be part of 250 pakage now, only international channels I have are this bein streaming channel and few other those channels

Bobby

Have 1 dish no international channels just 250 package, Starz/Showtime/Movie package, Think I have sport package that give out people when they pulled MSG but i not sure that might be part of 250 pakage now, only international channels I have are this bein streaming channel and few other those channels
OK, just a curiosity question on my part.

OK, just a curiosity question on my part.
All good i just want to be sure the setup is correct before let 3 tech out, cause last 2 pulled it part when they found out it was right they put it back to gether wrong. and that was with everything labeled..

As for power insterter does it mater which h3 it actual connected too?

All good i just want to be sure the setup is correct before let 3 tech out, cause last 2 pulled it part when they found out it was right they put it back to gether wrong. and that was with everything labeled..

Not really.

It does not matter which H3, but if you have a preference just be certain (since you have been dealing with folks who seem to not know what they are doing) that the Port (Port 1, I think) clearly indicated on the switch that is designated as the "Power Inserter" port is going to one or the other Hopper, so if you prefer, you can tell them you want the power inseter at the Hopper of your choice, especially if there is a power outlets available at one Hopper but not the other.

Most tech just presume to put the inserter in the main living area like room because most people don't want the inserter cluttering their secondary rooms if it is a bedroom, etc.

Good Luck, and I feel for what you went throuhg. Your situation is why I have come to this site for years so that a Tech who does not know what they are doing aint a gonna touch my system :).

It does not matter which H3, but if you have a preference just be certain (since you have been dealing with folks who seem to not know what they are doing) that the Port (Port 1, I think) clearly indicated on the switch that is designated as the "Power Inserter" port is going to one or the other Hopper, so if you prefer, you can tell them you want the power inseter at the Hopper of your choice, especially if there is a power outlets available at one Hopper but not the other.

Most tech just presume to put the inserter in the main living area like room because most people don't want the inserter cluttering their secondary rooms if it is a bedroom, etc.

Good Luck, and I feel for what you went throuhg. Your situation is why I have come to this site for years so that a Tech who does not know what they are doing aint a gonna touch my system :).
I purchased my own DPH42 switch. All it shows in the instructions is the power inserter attached to port #1. I have my switch installed in the basement at my headend board.

Attachments

• Bingo.jpg
    Bingo.jpg
    291.7 KB · Views: 207
  • Bingo-1.jpg
    Bingo-1.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 224
I had asked this question in another forum but it seems related to this thread. I already had a hopper 3 system with the EA hybrid lnb. I purchased another hopper 3 and a DPH 42 switch and got everything hooked up. Both hopper 3’s are working, but after the fact I read that the DPH 42 switch will not work with hybrid lnb’s. My system is working so I would like to know if there is a problem for me to continue running the system with the hybrid lnb’s or if I need to change them. Thank you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)