2 hopper system

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
DLEBEE said:
Can I have a 2 hopper system with no joeys and be able to communicate between hoppers?

I want a 2H/1J system and was told every Hopper had to have a Joey, meaning if I wanted 2 Hoppers I have to have 2 Joeys. Now I'm confused.

Not true. When I got my system I contacted a DIRT member and they set me up for a 2H/1J system right away. Use them to get your system.

Rinker97 said:
Not true. When I got my system I contacted a DIRT member and they set me up for a 2H/1J system right away. Use them to get your system.

The DIRT member is the one who told me that. I just wrote back questioning that statement and am awaiting a response.

I initially got a two Hopper, one Joey system through a Dish support person here; and that was two weeks after the roll out. Eventually I got another Joey....because I could not lease a third Hopper.....:confused:

Looks like dirt can't do it, but just order 2H and 2J set up. When installer comes tell him you changed your mind and want only one joey. I had no problem doing this.

I want a 2H/1J system and was told every Hopper had to have a Joey, meaning if I wanted 2 Hoppers I have to have 2 Joeys. Now I'm confused.

easiest way is to get setup with a local retailer. They can customize the order however you want.

I guess I will go that way but I thought the whole point of asking the DIRT Team via this site was to get the best possible price with a quick, accurate instalation...
because DIRT isn't able to get around Dish's business rules. They can do some level of changes, but not all. You can blame the executives at Dish for coming up with the rule. The DIRT team does the best they can under Dish's system....

Any configuration for the initial install with 2 hoppers should have at least 2 joeys with it. We're basically circumventing this rule by going through the various suggestions in this thread to get fewer joeys. One good thing is that Dish doesn't seem to care whether we remove joeys later on.

Last edited:
because DIRT isn't able to get around Dish's business rules. They can do some level of changes, but not all. You can blame the executives at Dish for coming up with the rule. The DIRT team does the best they can under Dish's system....

Any configuration for the initial install with 2 hoppers should have at least 2 joeys with it. We're basically circumventing this rule by going through the various suggestions in this thread to get fewer joeys. One good thing is that Dish doesn't seem to care whether we remove joeys later on.

Thanks for the info. It makes it more understandable. I just finished an online order chat and was told of the 2H/2J requirement. After a series of back and forth banter, I was told to simply deactivate the second Joey. I'm not a new customer, so the charge was $100 for each Hopper for a total of $200...

You may want to try Costco. They are offering a $100 Costco gift card when you order Dish through Costco.
I do have 2 Hopper no Joey in my RV.
Had to go through executive resolution department, but I got what I wanted for $100 total installed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)